Dumb and Amazing factoids

Bryan

Dumb and Amazing factoids

Post by Bryan »

Came across this 'factoid' and found it unbelievable...

When Gary Danielson was in college at Purdue, he set a school rushing record with 213 yards in 16 attempts against U of Washington in 1972. My memories of Danielson in the NFL was of a guy who could injure himself dropping back to pass, but I guess he was more athletic in college(?)
JohnTurney

Re: Dumb and Amazing factoids

Post by JohnTurney »

Curtis McGriff started 71 NFL games and never recorded a sack, even unofficially --- yes he got lifted on passing downs but you'd think at some point someone passed on first down and LT chased the QN into his defender's arms.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Bryan wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:56 am Came across this 'factoid' and found it unbelievable...

When Gary Danielson was in college at Purdue, he set a school rushing record with 213 yards in 16 attempts against U of Washington in 1972. My memories of Danielson in the NFL was of a guy who could injure himself dropping back to pass, but I guess he was more athletic in college(?)
Jim McMahon was one of college's most prolific passers never passed for more than 2,400 yards in the NFL. Even on a running team and missing time a lot of time ... which he did. Never played full season.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Speaking of Purdue, I read or heard about 10 or so years ago that that school holds the distinction of having the most combined NFL passing yards. (Dawson, Griese, Brees, etc ). I think that has since been surpassed by another school.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Still amazed by Larry Cole, who scored all four of his defensive TDs against the Redskins ... two at home, two on the road. He also scored three of his TDs during the 4th quarter ...