Centennial Class cutdown

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
PFHOFlover

Centennial Class cutdown

Post by PFHOFlover »

Your not going to believe what I found out

I found out who was cut when the Blue Ribbon Panel met to elect the Centennial Class

Lavvie Dilweg Ox Emerson Cecil Isbell Verne Lewellen and Al Wistert were cut during the reduction to 15 finalists Cliff Branch Roger Craig Randy Gradishar Tommy Nobis and Drew Pearson were cut during the reduction to 10 finalists

That Lavvie Dilweg Ox Emerson Cecil Isbell Verne Lewellen and Al Wistert didn’t survive the first cut tells me that might have been focused on the guys they saw play rather than guys they didn’t see play even still Bobby Dillon Duke Slater Mac Speedie and Ed Sprinkle were still elected

If your wondering how I found this out I found out about in the Pro Football Hall of Fame media guide which I’ll post below

https://pfhof-cms.ae-admin.com/getattac ... lang=en-US
JohnTurney

Re: Centennial Class cutdown

Post by JohnTurney »

PFHOFlover wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:37 pm Your not going to believe what I found out

I found out who was cut when the Blue Ribbon Panel met to elect the Centennial Class

Lavvie Dilweg Ox Emerson Cecil Isbell Verne Lewellen and Al Wistert were cut during the reduction to 15 finalists Cliff Branch Roger Craig Randy Gradishar Tommy Nobis and Drew Pearson were cut during the reduction to 10 finalists

That Lavvie Dilweg Ox Emerson Cecil Isbell Verne Lewellen and Al Wistert didn’t survive the first cut tells me that might have been focused on the guys they saw play rather than guys they didn’t see play even still Bobby Dillon Duke Slater Mac Speedie and Ed Sprinkle were still elected

If your wondering how I found this out I found out about in the Pro Football Hall of Fame media guide which I’ll post below

https://pfhof-cms.ae-admin.com/getattac ... lang=en-US
There are earlier versions of that booklet available -- just type in "2022" where it says "2023" ... that is what they give out to the media during enshrinement week ...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

The fallout of that class is still hard to believe. At least had Dilweg and Wistert been elected, it would have been much better. I still remember our Gold Panel selections that Clark Judge did on TOFN ... some great players
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Brian wolf wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:41 pm The fallout of that class is still hard to believe. At least had Dilweg and Wistert been elected, it would have been much better. I still remember our Gold Panel selections that Clark Judge did on TOFN ... some great players
I would also add emerson to that list of people that should have been elected, my guessing as to why dilweg didnt get in is because he along with Verne Lewellen and Cecil Isbell cancelled each other oout