2023/24 Super Bowl

JWL

Re: 2023/24 Super Bowl

Post by JWL »

Brian wolf wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:35 pm Bart Starr ... 16th round?
200th overall

Purdy was drafted later than Starr

There were fewer teams back then
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Thanks JWL ... wasnt sure how far back Starr was drafted.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

And Shanahan is now 0-2 in SBs and 2-4 in championship games.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:52 pm And the announcers are talking about a Chiefs three-peat. Geez ...
Watch out Brady, according to the media, Mahomes and the Chiefs will catch your seven team championships in no time ... haha
Before the T.B. vs. K.C. S.B. of 3 years ago I read something how much easier it would be for P.M. to catch TB12 if he won that game. TB12 took a 7 - 1 lead over P.M. in Lombardis after that game but now it's 7 - 3. Still a ways to go but if anybody can do it it's Patrick Mahomes.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I dunno, racepug ...

I could understand the Chiefs winning it last year with an opportunistic defense and much better offense but the defense really did the job this year while the offense worked through their problems. Pacheco is a tough young runner and deserved his second ring.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:57 am I dunno, racepug ...

I could understand the Chiefs winning it last year with an opportunistic defense and much better offense but the defense really did the job this year while the offense worked through their problems. Pacheco is a tough young runner and deserved his second ring.
I'm not saying K.C. didn't deserve to win. Patrick Mahomes is clearly one of the very best to ever play the game (Tony Romo hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned: Patrick Mahomes sees things going on around him on the field that few others are able to when they're actually in the middle of the action). But the 49ers certainly had their chances to win tonight. But in a game like this you generally can't afford to make too many mistakes and the 49ers made too many (one of which was keeping that rookie kicker from MICHIGAN on their team. If I were them I would kick him to the curb last week). I feel bad for the 49ers but, "hats off" to the Chiefs and their 3rd S.B. victory in the last 5 years (BTW - I checked and from 1970 to 2017 the Kansas City Chiefs won a total of 4 playoff games and won more than 1 playoff game in one post-season exactly once [in 1993]. Starting in 2018 [Patrick Mahomes' first full year as a starter] the Chiefs have won more than 1 playoff game in a post-season 5 times and have now won 15 playoff games in that span of time and has already been mentioned they've been to their conference championship game 6 straight times, now [2nd all time to TB12's Patriots with 8]).
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

I think Purdy is merely good. I expect if I look back the Chiefs were baiting him to pass and it worked.

The special teams mistakes will be remembered. For me it will be the two throwaways on third down late in regulation and overtime. That is just superior coaching on the Chiefs side, I'm sure they had something held back there. Also doing nothing after the Mahomes interception was a big turning point.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

To me, the missed extra point and Jones hitting Purdy before he could throw to a wide open Deebo Samuel in the endzone were the keys to the game. Purdy didnt have any turnovers but couldnt build bigger leads.* That still doesnt mean a frustrated Shanahan wouldnt consider going with Cousins in the offseason. Doubtful though. Purdy had a great year.

*Edited
Last edited by Brian wolf on Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Great prediction earlier on the game, 74_75_78_79!
CSKreager

Post by CSKreager »

This KC team is one of the weakest rosters to ever win a SB

Take Mahomes off, they’re no better than Washington

The AFC should be embarrassed. They couldn’t KO a team that looked like garbage throughout the regular season?

Like seriously this Chiefs roster is mid but get away with it because Mahomes black magic