Pro Football Hall of Fame, Class of 2024 talk

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
pgconboy

Re: Pro Football Hall of Fame, Class of 2024 talk

Post by pgconboy »

Brian wolf wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:50 am I am happy for the players but still couldnt believe the senior and coach rejections. If Gonzalez got in first ballot, why couldnt Gates? Witten wont either, so Gronk should be the next first ballot tight end.
I also thought Gates would be 1st ballot, but did look into it a bit before hand. The best evidence against him was:

Gates retired in 2018, the same year the NFLs 100th Anniversary team was voted on. The team featured 5 tight ends: Gronk, Mackey, Winslow, Ditka, Gonzalez. Note that 4 of the 5 TE's were not 1st ballot (Gonzo) and that Gates failed to make the team. Despite this, I still expected him to be elected.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Speaking of first ballot ... Travis Kelce has to be one. I felt he was MVP last night, with catches and pick plays that helped get receivers wide open in the endzone. Three championships is a good excuse to retire and try to hold onto Taylor Swift but he is still the best in the game.( Felt bad for Kittle last night who was barely targetted)
JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

Gronk will be 1st ballot, so that's only 3. Gates will certainly not last past the 3rd.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I think so too JS ...

Though to me, Witten is deserving of first ballot election, it will be Gronk and then Kelce. Kittle will get in the next decade but not first ballot.

I actually feel Davis and Graham have cases but borderline.