Divisional Playoff Weekend

Brian wolf

Divisional Playoff Weekend

Post by Brian wolf »

For me, the start of the most exciting time of the year where the best teams either advance or lose to a team thats hotter, or simply executes better on the field. This is when teams want to play their best and reserves have to step up for players that are hurting.

Last weekend had many rookies step up when it counted, can some of these same players do it again this weekend with a chance to advance to a championship game?

I was 3-3 last week and will predict winners for this round

Ravens
49ers
Lions
Bills

All the home teams, but can another upset or two, happen? Storylines galore as ...

-- The Bills try to finally beat the Chiefs in postseason
-- Can LaFleur and the Packers finally get by SF ?
-- Will the Ravens do better as the #1 seed than 2019?
-- Can the Texans advance to their first championship game with a rookie QB to start the first game of the year, since Mark Sanchez in 2009/10?
-- Can Detroit advance to their first championship game since 1991/92?
-- Like Detroit, can TB advance to the championship game with a discarded QB?

Like last year, I hope to comment during live game action and hope other fans, observers will also, on this post or others ... Let the games begin!
RichardBak

Re: Divisional Playoff Weekend

Post by RichardBak »

Like my neighbor the tree trimmer likes to say, I'm going out on a limb and saying GB's gonna shock SF. Lions will beat TB, which sets up a title game in Detroit next Sunday! GB and Detroit and shades of the '30s (all that'll be missing are Clark Hinkle and Dutch Clark).
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Would be surreal if that could happen, Richard ...
Shanahan is under the gun.

Tight, old school game in Baltimore, though the Texans offensive line is unraveled. If the Texans dont play Jackson better when he runs, the Ravens will win easily. The Texans need to run the ball more and settle down a line that hasnt mastered a silent count.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Ravens
49ers
Lions
Bills
I was 3-3 last week as well and those were/are my picks for this week too.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Easy win for the Ravens as the air went out of Houston's defense once they gave up the long touchdown drive. Easy game plan for the Ravens and hopefully more teams this weekend will run the ball.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Another close first half game in Santa Clara ... Packers need to get Jones going again and can Doubs in #87 do his best Robert Brooks impression from 1995 and beat the 49ers? Will the Niners break the game open in the second half like the Ravens did earlier in Baltimore?
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Packers had their chances but the 49ers once again prevailed with Greenlaw having two interceptions to seal the win. The missed FG was huge for GB, who reacted badly to Purdy running inside the 10 yrd line to set up the McCaffrey TD run. They also dropped three potential interceptions.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Love throw = 2009 Brett Favre
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

ChrisBabcock wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:55 pm

Ravens
49ers
Lions
Bills
I was 3-3 last week as well and those were/are my picks for this week too.
Add another 3-3 last week that had/has the same picks for this week.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

JohnTurney wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:49 am Love throw = 2009 Brett Favre
Ha! I was thinking the very same thing even before he launched it. And speaking of Love....here's Shanahan on Greenlaw's interception:

"I can't tell you how awesome Greenlaw is. I love Dre. There was about three seconds where I didn't [love him], I couldn't -- I wanted to run on the field and tackle him myself. I wanted him to get down. But once he did, the love came back."

Purdy good comeback by the 49ers. Lions gotta do their part and beat the Bucs today. Then it's a reprise of the 1957 Lions @ SF playoff (I hope).