Divisional Playoff Weekend

GameBeforeTheMoney

Re: Divisional Playoff Weekend

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

JohnTurney wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:49 am Love throw = 2009 Brett Favre
I'm sure I might draw some ire for this comment. But I gotta point out that LaFleur basically put his QB in a position to fail there. On the int, I took a photo of the screen when they showed the wide-angle replay and they had two receivers running to the EXACT same spot deep downfield on that side, covered by at least four defenders. No checkdowns over the whole field! And there's an enormous area in the middle of the field with no defenders. Love could have ran, but he's not a runner. So Love throws to the only other receiver on the field. Point is, terrible play design. Yes, he could have thrown the ball away, but he's in no position to succeed there. In watching the replay, Jones' assignment was to chip a defensive lineman, who knocked him way off balance. If Jones is a safety valve in the flat on that play, as 99% of coaches would have a check down or safety valve on that play, he likely would have gained 30 yards in that huge uncovered area and GB would have had a real chance to win.

LaFleur has some good ideas. Overall, however, there's a lot of talent on that team. IMO, lot of coaches could get them to 9-8 and win a playoff.

Was REALLY hoping for an all NFC Central NFC Championship.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
racepug

Post by racepug »

RichardBak wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:49 pm Like my neighbor the tree trimmer likes to say, I'm going out on a limb and saying GB's gonna shock SF. Lions will beat TB, which sets up a title game in Detroit next Sunday! GB and Detroit and shades of the '30s (all that'll be missing are Clark Hinkle and Dutch Clark).
They came awfully close! For most of that game I thought Jordan Love was the better QB. Then came his poor decision in the last minute that ended up costing his team a shot at the conference title. But overall I was impressed with the Packers in the latter part of the season. Hopefully they can build on that and keep things competitive between your team and themselves next season.
racepug

Post by racepug »

So - T.B. @ DET and K.C. @ BUF today, eh? Unless DET gets caught looking ahead to a match-up with SFO I truly do NOT see them losing today (as I mentioned elsewhere). I hope I'm right!

As for BUF vs. K.C. - I truly think that one could go either way. BUF beat K.C. earlier this season (in K.C.) but they're racked with injuries right now, too. I think the N.F.L. did a good job in deciding to make that game the last one of the weekend. We'll see!
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I agree 100% Jackson ...

These young receivers for GB as well as other teams, have too many times been bunched together or simply not coming back towards their QB to help him out. LaFleur also screwed up not calling a timeout after the Purdy run inside the ten. They wasted another 40 seconds and still gave up the TD. 1:45 would have been alot better than 1:07 to get the possible FG.
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

GameBeforeTheMoney wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:28 am
JohnTurney wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:49 am Love throw = 2009 Brett Favre
I'm sure I might draw some ire for this comment. But I gotta point out that LaFleur basically put his QB in a position to fail there. On the int, I took a photo of the screen when they showed the wide-angle replay and they had two receivers running to the EXACT same spot deep downfield on that side, covered by at least four defenders. No checkdowns over the whole field! And there's an enormous area in the middle of the field with no defenders. Love could have ran, but he's not a runner. So Love throws to the only other receiver on the field. Point is, terrible play design. Yes, he could have thrown the ball away, but he's in no position to succeed there. In watching the replay, Jones' assignment was to chip a defensive lineman, who knocked him way off balance. If Jones is a safety valve in the flat on that play, as 99% of coaches would have a check down or safety valve on that play, he likely would have gained 30 yards in that huge uncovered area and GB would have had a real chance to win.

LaFleur has some good ideas. Overall, however, there's a lot of talent on that team. IMO, lot of coaches could get them to 9-8 and win a playoff.

Was REALLY hoping for an all NFC Central NFC Championship.
I think you have a good point about the play calling on that play. Don't put your QB in that position. I don't know why all the receivers were 15+ yards down the field, there should have been someone shorter.

It's a young team. The FG miss I think was something they couldn't afford, and really didn't recover from. The rookie kicker is erratic and they are going to have to bring someone else into camp now next year.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I am pulling for the Lions today, yet Mayfield could get a handsome raise for the Bucs after the season. The question is, will Mayfield play like he is capable of today, or play cold like he has done at the worst times in his career with the Browns, Panthers, Rams and Bucs? Today is a huge day in his career and fans want to see him fighting and performing till the end.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Sewell is fun to watch Richard, reminds of Larry Allen pushing guys around. Hopefully the Lions continue to run the ball with a 10-3 lead. The Bucs need to keep their own ground game going.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Evans made up for his drops with big receptions to help tie the game. Another close divisional game at halftime.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

With shaky defense by both teams in the second half, Detroit makes a huge interception to seal it. Mayfield was game and Bucs fans have to feel good for next year.

Lions got a great game from Gibbs, and Goff gets another chance to win an NFC Championship ...
racepug

Post by racepug »

I knew it was only a matter of time before B.M. screwed up. I'm glad he did - see you in the conference championship game next Sunday, DET Lions!