2023 - 24 season first round playoff schedule

rhickok1109

Re: 2023 - 24 season first round playoff schedule

Post by rhickok1109 »

Mark wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:41 pm
JWL wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:13 pm
Brian wolf wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:51 pm

Though I want Houston to win, feel the Networks want Flacco and the Browns in Baltimore
What do you mean by that? Are you insinuating some stuff is rigged?
Not to mention surely the networks would want the Cowboys to be in more championships and Super Bowls. I've seen some people who cite the similarities and coincidences involving the Joe Theismann and Alex Smith injuries as proof the NFL is rigged. What??? How they could rig that and why both boggle the mind. There are so many issues with that conspiracy theory I am not even sure where to start.
No need to start. Conspiracy theorists cling to their theories no matter how absurd they are (see: flat earthers and moon landing deniers) and sensible people know that stuff is all nonsense.
JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

rhickok1109 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:24 pm No need to start. Conspiracy theorists cling to their theories no matter how absurd they are (see: flat earthers and moon landing deniers) and sensible people know that stuff is all nonsense.
Brian is also not some guy who just showed up here and started claiming nonsense, and I think we should withhold the ad hominem attacks of bring a conspiracy theorist based on one throwaway line.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Now that I have time to respond(big work day) ...

Its not so much about anything rigged or pre-ordained, just feel the networks like certain storylines ... I am happy that Houston proved me wrong but dont think the "suits" were not wanting the Browns to go to Baltimore. Yes, I am a fan of NFL history--whatever happens is officially in the books--but will always be sceptical as well, due to its history concerning gambling and antitrust exemption ...
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

racepug wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:41 pm
RichardBak wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:06 amI know. It's bullshit. And like you, I am surprised this hasn't happened sooner. In a few years they'll be selling games by the quarter and placing Burger King ads on jerseys.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/one-person-p ... 29943.html
I'm doing my part.
I'm watching the Warriors on free tv.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Getting back to your response Mark, yes the league would want the Cowboys to be more successful since 1996. However, I agree with Brian Touhy, the other owners are upset with Jerry Jones and his ways of withholding or manuevering around certain revenue streams that they want a piece of. For that reason, the Cowboys have had more adversity towards earning another championship.

If the Cowboys can prove it on the field and win it all, fine, yet until then, I feel the other owners have a say and its been now, what?
28 years?

I hope the 49ers prove me wrong as well ... the Yorks arent the most popular of owners.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

JameisSaintston wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:59 pm
rhickok1109 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:24 pm No need to start. Conspiracy theorists cling to their theories no matter how absurd they are (see: flat earthers and moon landing deniers) and sensible people know that stuff is all nonsense.
Brian is also not some guy who just showed up here and started claiming nonsense, and I think we should withhold the ad hominem attacks of bring a conspiracy theorist based on one throwaway line.
My remark certainly wasn't aimed at Brian. I took his remark to be facetious.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Brian is my name, stirring the pot is my game ... haha. Its finally time to get excited about the end of the season. Admittedly, I am a conspiracy theorist, in all areas and discussion, discourse and theories are always fun to talk about. Its fun to talk football, in a great forum and hopefully my rambling doesnt get on peoples nerves too much ...

Can you imagine the pot stirred up, if the Packers were to upset the Cowboys? It would be cool to see Stafford stick it to Detroit tonight but I am pulling for the Lions.

I know the Dolphins have petered out but it would have helped last night if their coaching geniuses would have ran the ball more.
Mostert and Achane with 14 carries? No wonder fans cry foul or conspiracy ... coaches can sabotage a team as much as the opposing team.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Reading this thread has me thinking of Kari Lake on the grassy knoll. Or something like that.

Back to football....I think Lions-Rams could be a whale of a show tonite, a high-scoring affair that goes down to the final play. So far the postseason has been pretty dull.

Interestingly, about half of the local media is picking the Rams to win. I was always a Stafford fan (I remember defending him on this board several times before he won a Super Bowl) and so it won't smart as much if Detroit's playoff run ends tonite. Like to see Stafford & Co. go on to win another Lombardi. Don't think that's likely---Rams' D is on a par with Detroit's, which is to say consistently inconsistent.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

So far, the free agent QBs, Flacco and Stafford have had their teams eliminated with Goff advancing ... can Mayfield join him tomorrow night?