How will Belichick's final chapter be written?

sheajets

Re: How will Belichick's final chapter be written?

Post by sheajets »

JameisSaintston wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:33 pm My opinion: no way he retires if they get Caleb. Even if they don’t, I think they'll be in position to draft Maye or Penix at least, so he'll more than likely try to ride it out with one last QB. If that doesn't work, he'll probably still get the wins record after 3 or so years and be ready to walk away. If it does work, he might retire anyways with the reasoning that the team is in a good place to leave it to his handpicked successor. Who do you guys think that is? It seemed like McDaniels or Patricia for a long time, but now we've already seen how that would've gone on both fronts.
There have been so many possible "Next Belichick" possible budding genius protege's over time...some have done alright, others completely crashed and burned. I never saw anything special about Patricia that would make me think he'd succeed. Same with Joe Judge. Mangini I thought was an excellent talent evaluator that would grow into a good coach with time but flamed out sooner than expected. Vrabel is one of the best and I feel will carve out a nice long and mostly succesful career...I can actually see him possibly being the one lured back

Flores has also done quite well (20-14 in his last 34) but teams are wary of him after what transpired.

Bill O'Brien I feel got a bit of a raw deal...he did quite well in Houston for a while there having to run TJ Yates, Brandon Weeden and a host of bottom of the barrel QB's.

He had 5 winning seasons, and was gone after 0-4 in 2020.
JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

BOB signed his own death warrant by trading DeAndre Hopkins for David Johnson. It was clear at that point he wasn't trying anymore.
JWL

Post by JWL »

Jerod Mayo is probably the person with the best odds of replacing Belichick. Good luck to whoever follows Belichick.
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

IMO absolutely Belichick wants 300 career wins and the all-time wins record. If he didn't he would have retired when Brady left. His ego is also so big he can't give up coaching and football.

I agree with the posts above. I don't feel Belichick has an unlimited leash. Kraft is an all businessman. He wants the results on the field. I feel BB has one or maybe two more years to turn this around or he will be forced out.
Cali_Eagle

Post by Cali_Eagle »

Bryan wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:03 pm With the finger of God on two tablets of stone?
Just noticed this. I appreciate your high opinion of me, but I'm not God.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:03 pm I still dont believe Kraft will accept mediocrity to allow him to break Shula's record ... next year might be his last, by then Kraft might be elected to the Hall.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patriots-h ... 55224.html
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

I think he has strong chance of being the Panthers head coach next year.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I think the Giants should get him. If they get him, will he settle on another QB named Jones?
racepug

Post by racepug »

JohnTurney wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:25 pm I think he has strong chance of being the Panthers head coach next year.
Not a bad guess. But is he going to want to deal with this? https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-rank ... 25651.html
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Would BB be willing to be traded to the LA Chargers for compensation? Kraft would have to pay him for 2024 whether he stays or is fired but if he is not in agreement to be traded, he could still retire. I still believe Belichick and Daboll could swap jobs in NY but the Chargers job might be the best situation for him to agree to.

The team has talent galore and a city with better weather. If Kraft and BB are willing to do a trade, it makes the most sense other than NY, who BB always has a soft spot for. I dont believe he would want to follow Brady to TB, though that team has talent as well. Kraft better make sure BB is persuasive because he will still get paid for doing nothing. I still hope BB can get another year in NE with a top draft prospect at QB but with all the free agent money that has been squandered in the last four seasons, Kraft may feel his team needs to be built more from the draft ...