2023 season, Week 3

racepug

2023 season, Week 3

Post by racepug »

1) The 49ers are looking strong. From what I heard after their win over the NYG, they'd better win the S.B. this year cuz they have a bunch of players in "contract years" this season (which I guess implies that the potential is there for them to lose a LOT of talent off of their current team between this season and next).

2) CLE is looking better - MUCH better - than I thought they would. With the Ravens being upset at home by the team that used to call Baltimore its home, CIN getting its first win of the season on Monday night, and PIT bouncing back with two straight wins after their blowout loss to SFO in Week 1, as of right now I think it's entirely possible that the race to determine who wins the A.F.C. North will come down to the very last week of the regular season, and have all four teams in the division involved in it.

3) Nice comeback by G.B. and kudos to them (and Jordan Love) for that but things might've ended very differently had Derek Carr not gotten hurt.

4) What to say about 70 points being scored (by one team) in a regular season game? Astonishing. . .

5) MIN got more than its fair share of breaks last season and I think that FATE is looking for payback from the Vikings this season.

6) If there's ONE thing that can be counted on in the N.F.L. right now it's N.E. beating the NYJ. It really doesn't seem to matter what the circumstances are. This last Sunday's win for the Patriots makes it 15 straight wins for them over the Jets.

7) Not surprisingly, BUF put an end to the Commanders' unbeaten start (5 turnovers will tend to do that).

8) The Texans provided H.C. DeMeco Ryans with his first-ever N.F.L. win with the upset over the "sexy" pick to win the division.

9) "Da Bears" are an absolute mess. They're the only team in the league that is winless AND has lost all of its games by double digits. I'm dying to see how Vegas handicaps their game next week with DEN. :roll:

10) The N.F.C. entry based in TX did what it has done so often over the last 28 years: get just about everybody talking about how "they're the next S.B. champions!" and then lay an absolute egg. I think I read over the weekend that that win was, surprisingly, the Cardinals' 6th in their last 7 contests with the N.F.C. entry based in TX. Incredible. (correction: ARZ had won 6 of 7 vs. the N.F.C. entry based in TX going into last Sunday's game between the two. It's now, of course, 7 of the last 8 between the two that ARZ has won)