Modern Candidates HOF Preliminary List

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Brian wolf

Re: Modern Candidates HOF Preliminary List

Post by Brian wolf »

Seeking corroboration on something I read on Zoneblitz.com.
A leak may have happened where Willie Anderson was announced as making the top 10 in voting but missing election. Can anyone else confirm this leak?
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Hoping readjack will read this ...

Whats the scoop Jack? Was Hester elected for 2024?
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

JameisSaintston wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:11 pm Perfect. So duplicate nominations don't contribute to a player's chances, then, are are just returned to sender automatically?
I submitted two in 2021 by email to Andy - the reply I received from was:

“ Both xxxx and xxxx have been nominated so feel free to send replacement nominations.”
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

100% Happy For Devin Hester he deserves it

Followup thought is this going to start a run of special teamers being elected or will it still be on a case by case basis
pgconboy

Post by pgconboy »

Brian - based on a talk for 2 interview, the closing comments made it sound like Willie made the top 10 and missed the HOF ... but it could have been interpreted as a hypothetical example to make a point. I lean that it was a slight slip up.

Rewing - Vinatieri and Lechler are on the horizon. Seems like cases the voters might like, I don't think Hester helps them since K/P have sparingly made it before. Maybe White Shoes for the senior vote? I am still pretty soft on cases like Tasker.

Brian (again) - Jarrett Payton (Walters son) leaned pretty heavily into Hester making the HOF based on conversations he was having/heard at the Super Bowl.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Thanks pgconboy ...

Well, if its true, maybe another receiver or pass rusher got left off the list of nomineese? (Da Bayrce! fan voice ...) Possibly three former Bears?

Vinatieri will make it, Lechler might wait awhile but unless Billy Johnson breaks through the senior list, Hester's election might shut the door on any other returner/coverage. Possibly bad news for Mitchell, Sproles, Metcalf, Tasker and even Patterson.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Yep, in a voting process that allows for a committee to submit candidates for election, the rest of the voters promptly embarrass the occasion by voting two candidates down, ironically, the most deserving senior coach and player ...

So now both Parker and Powell may never make it again as the whole process starts again July. Not a happy camper ...
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Powell and parker are complicated cases are you ever happy
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

They are not complicated cases. They were endorsed by the senior and contributor committees. The other voters dismissed their entire summer voting process ... an embarrassment, imagine what Powell and Parkers family are going through, especially after being endorsed in Sept?
conace21

Post by conace21 »

rewing84 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:14 am Powell and parker are complicated cases are you ever happy
I don't really see Parker's case as being that complicated. I understand that a number of voters aren't familiar with him, but he wasn't competing with anyone else for a spot.