Random Inane Trivia

ChrisBabcock

Re: Random Inane Trivia

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Bryan wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:The Bills, Eagles and Rams are the only teams to accomplish a certain feat in regards to the playoffs. What is it?
I am guessing it has something to do with shutting out your opponent on the road in the postseason at the title/championship game level.
Nope (although that may also be true!)
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Bryan wrote:Another random trivia Q:

After a slow start, this team won 9 of it's last 11 games and made the postseason. The two losses in those 11 games were to the same opponent...but the losses were NOT to a divisional opponent. Name the team.
’81 Jets! Got swept by Seattle.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:
Bryan wrote:Another random trivia Q:

After a slow start, this team won 9 of it's last 11 games and made the postseason. The two losses in those 11 games were to the same opponent...but the losses were NOT to a divisional opponent. Name the team.
’81 Jets! Got swept by Seattle.
Correct! Found that to be odd on two levels...one, that they played each other twice and, two, the Seahawks really weren't any good in 1981.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
Bryan wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:The Bills, Eagles and Rams are the only teams to accomplish a certain feat in regards to the playoffs. What is it?
I am guessing it has something to do with shutting out your opponent on the road in the postseason at the title/championship game level.
Nope (although that may also be true!)
HINT:... The Bills needed exactly the first 4 playoff games of the Sean McDermott era to join the Eagles and Rams in accomplishing this feat.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

^^^. I'll reveal the answer later tonight if no one can get this.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I am guessing it has something to do with shutting out your opponent on the road in the postseason at the title/championship game level.[/quote]

Nope (although that may also be true!)[/quote]

HINT:... The Bills needed exactly the first 4 playoff games of the Sean McDermott era to join the Eagles and Rams in accomplishing this feat.[/quote]

Answer:. The Bills, Eagles and Rams are the only teams to have faced every other team in their conference at least once in the playoffs.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
Nope (although that may also be true!)[/quote]

HINT:... The Bills needed exactly the first 4 playoff games of the Sean McDermott era to join the Eagles and Rams in accomplishing this feat.[/quote]

Answer:. The Bills, Eagles and Rams are the only teams to have faced every other team in their conference at least once in the playoffs.[/quote]

I would have NEVER gotten that one! Now if the Steelers can just play against the Texans! They did go against Seattle in SBXL, but never played a playoff game vs them while Hawks were in the AFC.

I’m curious as to what other teams are ‘almost’ there?
Mark

Post by Mark »

I think the Cowboys are only missing the Saints and the Commanders are missing the Saints, Cardinals, and Panthers. I may be overlooking someone however.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

When I was looking this up I was sure that the Patriots would qualify. But they've never played the Bengals.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I also think the Saints are the only NFC team the Packers have not yet played in the postseason.