NFL Network Top-10 (#5 on What-ifs: Peyton Manning)

7DnBrnc53

NFL Network Top-10 (#5 on What-ifs: Peyton Manning)

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

The question for this one was: What if Peyton Manning stays a Colt?

In my opinion, it should have been "What if he never hurts his neck"?
bachslunch

Re: NFL Network Top-10 (#5 on What-ifs: Peyton Manning)

Post by bachslunch »

7DnBrnc53 wrote:The question for this one was: What if Peyton Manning stays a Colt?

Agreed. I don’t think there’s any way Manning would have stayed a Colt. He was coming off a neck injury and would have commanded a solid contract to stay, which was a real gamble given his age and the likelihood the neck injury would have ended things for him. It has for several other players. Heck, I wouldn’t have resigned him, especially with someone like Andrew Luck on the horizon.

His last ring also came courtesy of a great Broncos defense, which wasn’t the Colts’ forte anyway. His moving to Denver was fortunate for him.
L.C. Greenwood

Re: NFL Network Top-10 (#5 on What-ifs: Peyton Manning)

Post by L.C. Greenwood »

bachslunch wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:The question for this one was: What if Peyton Manning stays a Colt?

Agreed. I don’t think there’s any way Manning would have stayed a Colt. He was coming off a neck injury and would have commanded a solid contract to stay, which was a real gamble given his age and the likelihood the neck injury would have ended things for him. It has for several other players. Heck, I wouldn’t have resigned him, especially with someone like Andrew Luck on the horizon.

His last ring also came courtesy of a great Broncos defense, which wasn’t the Colts’ forte anyway. His moving to Denver was fortunate for him.

I just don't think Brock Osweiller gets it done for Denver in the 2015 postseason. Manning had to rely more on his experience and guile, than physical ability to lead Denver offensively. The mystery for me was Manning's meltdown a couple years before in the Super Bowl versus Seattle. He became flustered and discombobulated early in that game, not what you wanted to see from a veteran, HOF lock QB.