Pro Football Weekly/Monthly Magazine

JohnBowen

Pro Football Weekly/Monthly Magazine

Post by JohnBowen »

Guessing there will be no more weekly or monthly print periodicals dedicated to pro and/or college football. I miss Pro Football Weekly and remember fondly the old Football News.
Rupert Patrick

Re: Pro Football Weekly/Monthly Magazine

Post by Rupert Patrick »

I thought Pro Football Weekly gave up the weekly magazine a few years ago. I do have a nice collection from 1968 thru about 1981, but nowhere near complete although I am close on a couple seasons. If anybody has either of the PFW issues from 10/23/69 or 11/13/69, please PM me and help me clear up a problem with a missed field goal.

One football magazine that came out in the late 70's that I liked was called "College and Pro Football Weekly". It only hung around a few years, and was geared more toward gamblers but had a lot of stats in there.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
vikingsfan1963

Re: Pro Football Weekly/Monthly Magazine

Post by vikingsfan1963 »

Yes PFW went out of publication (for a 2nd time) quite a few years ago.
At one time, I got PFW, Football News and Canadian Football News at the same time.
PFW was a great publication for me in the 70s in that I could read quality, deep stories about all the games. If I'm not mistaken Football News was also heavy with college coverage.