New PFRA Book: AAFC Encyclopedia

Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

New PFRA Book: AAFC Encyclopedia

Post by Ken Crippen »

For those of you interested, the latest PFRA book is now taking pre-orders and will be released in September.

"The All-America Football Conference: Players, Coaches, Records, Games and Awards, 1946-1949"
https://www.amazon.com/All-America-Foot ... Conference

Description on Amazon:
The All-America Football Conference and the National Football League battled for supremacy from 1946 through 1949. In the end, the players from the AAFC, as well as three teams, were brought into the NFL, including many future members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Through extensive research, the Professional Football Researchers Association (PFRA) has corrected the statistics and coaching records, selected All-Pro Teams for all four seasons and an All-Conference team, and provided brief biographies and scouting reports for the members of the All-Conference Team. Unlike All-Pro teams selected at the time, in which offense and defense were merged into a single position, the PFRA has selected individual offensive and defensive All-Pro teams.
Special thanks to all of the PFRA members who were involved in this project!!
Byron

Re: New PFRA Book: AAFC Encyclopedia

Post by Byron »

Ken, did you include defensive lineups for each team in each season? I'm wondering at the amount of detail included (there have been a couple of very general encyclopedias covering the AAFC; I have most, if not all, of them!). Game recaps in detail or just box scores? Long Gains for RBs and WRs?
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Re: New PFRA Book: AAFC Encyclopedia

Post by Ken Crippen »

Byron wrote:Ken, did you include defensive lineups for each team in each season? I'm wondering at the amount of detail included (there have been a couple of very general encyclopedias covering the AAFC; I have most, if not all, of them!). Game recaps in detail or just box scores? Long Gains for RBs and WRs?
We did for the all-pro teams and all-conference teams. We do not have defensive lineups for each game.