Gamebooks

Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Re: Gamebooks

Post by Ken Crippen »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
but my scanner does not handle 11x17 paper.
Next time you're up in Buffalo we can scan 11x17 where I work at Evenhouse Printing.
Thank you. I will let you know when I will be in town next. I will have to borrow them from Nick Webster again.
Football Learning Academy: https://www.football-learning-academy.com
An online school teaching football history.

FLA Podcast: https://www.football-learning-academy.com/pages/podcast
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Post by Ken Crippen »

Thanks to John Turney, we have added the December 17, 1995 Falcons versus Panthers gamebook.

Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Ken Crippen wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:
but my scanner does not handle 11x17 paper.
Next time you're up in Buffalo we can scan 11x17 where I work at Evenhouse Printing.
Thank you. I will let you know when I will be in town next. I will have to borrow them from Nick Webster again.
Ken, are these the 9/14, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/27, 11/3 and 11/10 1963 Detroit gamebooks you are talking about? Nick sent me these pdf's a couple years back, or are there more than this?
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Post by Ken Crippen »

Rupert Patrick wrote:
Ken Crippen wrote:
Ken, are these the 9/14, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/27, 11/3 and 11/10 1963 Detroit gamebooks you are talking about? Nick sent me these pdf's a couple years back, or are there more than this?
No. They are full (or almost full) seasons from the 1960s. The ones you mentioned from 1963 are already on the site, as I was the one who scanned them for Nick.

NWebster

Post by NWebster »

Yes I have to lions for the decade of the 60s. I also randomly have the Baltimore Colts 1966 which I'd be happy to contribute as well. Hall of Fame also has a really good selection back to about 1961 they have most complete with the exception of a gap in late 1974 and all of 1975. Unfortunately you have to go there and look at them they will let you coffee but charge $0.15 per copy which adds up very very quickly. Also they don't know half of what they have. They're mostly interested in items that are other historical memorabilia like programs and such an actual Media, or anything that is more research related they like the digitized stuff. So you have to specifically Point them to the banker boxes full of play-by-plays.

I would think if we collected some of the random stuff that members have here and there we might be able to build a much more complete archive. Would really encourage any others that have single games Seasons teams here and there contribute.
TodMaher

Post by TodMaher »

Do the Packers have old gamebooks in their archives? Or did nobody bother to ask when they were there?

Also, today I discovered that the Green Bay Press-Gazette is available on www.newspapers.com!
John Grasso

Post by John Grasso »

NWebster wrote:Yes I have to lions for the decade of the 60s. I also randomly have the Baltimore Colts 1966 which I'd be happy to contribute as well. Hall of Fame also has a really good selection back to about 1961 they have most complete with the exception of a gap in late 1974 and all of 1975. Unfortunately you have to go there and look at them they will let you coffee but charge $0.15 per copy which adds up very very quickly. Also they don't know half of what they have. They're mostly interested in items that are other historical memorabilia like programs and such an actual Media, or anything that is more research related they like the digitized stuff. So you have to specifically Point them to the banker boxes full of play-by-plays.

I would think if we collected some of the random stuff that members have here and there we might be able to build a much more complete archive. Would really encourage any others that have single games Seasons teams here and there contribute.
Do you have a rough idea of how many pages remain to be copied? At 15 cents per page 1,000 pages would be $150
and we might be able to appropriate PFRA funds to accomplish this.
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

Well at 8 pages per (back then, starters, team stats individual stats, halftime stats thn 4 quarters), 14 teams 14 weeks just 1961 would be almost 800 pages - leaving some room for extra pages here and there, the decade would 8k or so or closer to $1,200 for NFL only, increasing materially in the 70's and if you want AFL from the 60's.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

NWebster wrote:Well at 8 pages per (back then, starters, team stats individual stats, halftime stats thn 4 quarters), 14 teams 14 weeks just 1961 would be almost 800 pages - leaving some room for extra pages here and there, the decade would 8k or so or closer to $1,200 for NFL only, increasing materially in the 70's and if you want AFL from the 60's.
If you're taking donations to get these gamebooks copied, count me in.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Steviek

Post by Steviek »

Rupert Patrick wrote:
NWebster wrote:Well at 8 pages per (back then, starters, team stats individual stats, halftime stats thn 4 quarters), 14 teams 14 weeks just 1961 would be almost 800 pages - leaving some room for extra pages here and there, the decade would 8k or so or closer to $1,200 for NFL only, increasing materially in the 70's and if you want AFL from the 60's.
If you're taking donations to get these gamebooks copied, count me in.
Same here