2016 PFRA Biennial Meeting- Hotel Deadline Extended

George Bozeka

2016 PFRA Biennial Meeting- Hotel Deadline Extended

Post by George Bozeka »

Our host hotel for the 2016 Biennial Meeting in Green Bay- The Country Inn & Suites- Green Bay East has extended the deadline for the special PFRA room rates from June 7 to June 14.
Mark L. Ford
Site Moderator

Re: 2016 PFRA Biennial Meeting- Hotel Deadline Extended

Post by Mark L. Ford »

By the way, you have to call the hotel directly at their Green Bay number (920) 288-0101 to get the discount convention rate.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

Good to know...I can procrastinate yet another week.
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

JohnR wrote:Good to know...I can procrastinate yet another week.
... and yet ...
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

I was happy to see the deadline extended another week but it is highly unlikely I will be able to attend this year unless the airfare rates drop dramatically in the next week. Checking the airline rates daily for the last couple months, 600 dollars for a round trip airfare from Greenville-Spartanburg to Green Bay is the cheapest I have seen and still a little too much for me. I realize we have done these events before in June and this is the first July event and we had to schedule this with the Packers, but the weekend after the fourth of July is right in the middle of peak travel season for the airlines and the fares are going to be a little pricey. I'll see you guys at NFL Films next year.

The airline rates finally dropped some over the weekend and I bit the bullet and bought a ticket and reserved a room at the Country Inn. I will be coming in Thursday afternoon the 7th at about 4 and leaving very, very early Sunday morning the 10th.
Last edited by Rupert Patrick on Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

Rupert Patrick wrote:I was happy to see the deadline extended another week but it is highly unlikely I will be able to attend this year unless the airfare rates drop dramatically in the next week. Checking the airline rates daily for the last couple months, 600 dollars for a round trip airfare from Greenville-Spartanburg to Green Bay is the cheapest I have seen and still a little too much for me. I realize we have done these events before in June and this is the first July event and we had to schedule this with the Packers, but the weekend after the fourth of July is right in the middle of peak travel season for the airlines and the fares are going to be a little pricey. I'll see you guys at NFL Films next year.
Not sure if this helps, but ...

There are cheaper flights from your area into Milwaukee (quickly saw $350ish for arriving Friday the 8th and leaving Sunday the 10th, though that was with "anytime" listed for both) and to Chicago (O'Hare and Midway) for $400ish with same search conditions.

Green Bay is about two hours from Milwaukee by car:

http://www.mitchellairport.com/ground-transportation/

No trains going into Green Bay from Milwaukee or Chicago ... otherwise, you could arrive like Lambeau.
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Checking the airline rates daily for the last couple months, 600 dollars for a round trip airfare from Greenville-Spartanburg to Green Bay is the cheapest I have seen and still a little too much for me.
I hear ya. I would LOVE to be there. I'm hoping for next time. But with a little Bills fan to be born in October and a possible adoption in the works, we're looking for spare change under sofa cushions as it is. :)
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

I'm excited to be able to attend my first meeting due to GB being driving distance from Winnipeg. I'm looking forward to meeting the guys I've been kibitzing with on the forum for the last several years.

I'm curious to know which of you have already registered and who is still planning to.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

I've just reserved, I'm excited to see you all guys and to be able to attend again with my brother Jacobo.

Gary Najman
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

The airfares went down at the last minute and I was able to book a reservation, so I will be coming. I know this is a once in a lifetime event and had to attend. I got a room at the Country Inn and will be arriving Thursday afternoon and leaving very early Sunday morning and will be unable to attend the sightseeing tour. I know there is a get-together on Thursday night and the only thing I have planned Friday is to pick up my Green Bay souvenirs and maybe find a good place for lunch.

I don't know if we are going to have any local PFRA people attending who live in the Green Bay area and are familiar with the area around the hotel, but I do have a few questions before we get there such as a recommendation on a good local meat market or butcher shop to bring home some locally made sausages.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen