Why No One In the NFL Wants Tim Tebow

7DnBrnc53

Re: Why No One In the NFL Wants Tim Tebow

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

Teo wrote:Something that bothers me is that many think that Tebow hasn't got a fair shot at a NFL roster after playing with Denver, which is untrue. He spent a full season in 2012 with the Jets, and then spent some time in the preseason with the Patriots and Eagles in 2013 and 2015.
I am not completely sure about that. You have to remember that Tim didn't have any OTA's or much training camp work to get ready because of the lockout in 2011. Also, Denver and the Jets really didn't want him, and I am not sure that the NE and Philadelphia signings were on the up and up (I don't think that he deserved to make the Pats in 2013, but he deserved to be second-string in Philly last year).
nicefellow31

Post by nicefellow31 »

BD Sullivan wrote:I would hope this doesn't degenerate into a "Tebow was blackballed because he was a Christian..." crusade.
I never got that chain of thought because he surely isn't the only Christian in the league.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

Again, it was the media that overplayed the Christianity angle. I don't know that any of his teammates ever had a problem with it.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

I saw him try to throw the ball during his pre-season stint with the Patriots and it wasn't pretty. He bounced a lot of throws and wildly overthrew receivers on other occasions. Boston media reported that he couldn't even learn to stay in the pocket during 7-on-7 drills. He tended to roll and out and try to improvise instead of finding and hitting a receiver. If a guy can't learn what he's supposed to do in 7-on-7 drills, he can't learn much of anything, no matter who he's playing behind.
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

I personally just feel that teams didn't think he was all that good. The year he was with the Broncos they had the top defense in the league that year (or one of the top defenses) and they still had to struggle to pull games out because of Tebow's ineffiencey through the majority of the game.

I think GM's/coaches were just afraid of what would happen if they didn't have a top tier defense and Tebow was their qb.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Article from May 2013. Warren Moon's take on Tebow possibly playing in CFL..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92346 ... ot-cut-cfl

My big question is why Tim doesn't simply stop holding out to be strictly a QB yet alone a starting one? He should be able to make some roster spot on some team as a utility and/or special-teams player whether in NFL or CFL. Time is ticking.
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

I say Tebow's best option is to continue being a television persona for College Gameday and the SEC Network. He's got a great personality for the college game and he likely gets paid just as well doing that (maybe even a little better) than he would as a second or third string qb in the NFL.
JWL

Post by JWL »

I see he will be a co-host on some new house improvement show.