"The Pros" by Robert Riger reissued

fgoodwin

"The Pros" by Robert Riger reissued

Post by fgoodwin »

The Amazon info says the paperback was released on April 16, 2016, but the cover image is that of the original 1960 edition:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Pros-Robert-R ... 1501147617

Is this a reprint, a reissue, or a revision of the 1960 original? And why release it now?
JWL

Re: "The Pros" by Robert Riger reissued

Post by JWL »

As someone who doesn't own that book and is interested, I will buy it if available in a store.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Why is Robert Riger listed as the author? IIRC, Tex Maule wrote the text and Riger illustrated the book.
Shipley

Post by Shipley »

It's a great book, well worth purchasing. Interesting how it reflects the haves and have-nots in the league during those years. The marquee teams like the Colts, Giants and Browns are all over the place, but the Siberia teams like the Cardinals, Steelers, Eagles and Packers hardly appear at all.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

rhickok1109 wrote:Why is Robert Riger listed as the author? IIRC, Tex Maule wrote the text and Riger illustrated the book.
My guess is the project was green lighted as a Riger book of photos, but he wanted a real writer like Maule to help support the images.
JWL

Post by JWL »

I got it today. It is nice.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

Does the reissue have the photos on glossy paper?
JWL

Post by JWL »

No. Nothing fancy to the touch aside from the covers.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

I had never heard of this book and went on Ebay and picked up an original edition of the book with the five sketches and some sort of portfolio case. Looks really nice, can't wait to get a look at it.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
JWL

Post by JWL »

Rupert Patrick wrote:I had never heard of this book and went on Ebay and picked up an original edition of the book with the five sketches and some sort of portfolio case. Looks really nice, can't wait to get a look at it.
Rupert, Have you received it yet? If so, how is it?

A reviewer on amazon ripped the reissue. I never saw the original so I don't really know any better. The reissue seems okay enough to me.