This is annoying

NWebster

This is annoying

Post by NWebster »

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/los- ... low-032216

I always preferred the yellow to the gold, somehow it seemed fitting that the team couldn't follow up on the original Super Bowl win with the crap gold uni's
BD Sullivan

Re: This is annoying

Post by BD Sullivan »

NWebster wrote:http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/los- ... low-032216

I always preferred the yellow to the gold, somehow it seemed fitting that the team couldn't follow up on the original Super Bowl win with the crap gold uni's
I'd prefer the old blue and whites of the Allen era, but we all know that those aren't flashy enough. :roll:
JWL

Post by JWL »

At least yellow and blue is winning in the poll by a large margin.

I never really got the uniform thing. Did the Rams sign a contract that they have to wear these blue and gold uniforms through such and such a year?
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

JWL wrote:At least yellow and blue is winning in the poll by a large margin.

I never really got the uniform thing. Did the Rams sign a contract that they have to wear these blue and gold uniforms through such and such a year?
there is a rule that you have to sumit new designs essentially 2 years in advance. Maybe because of marketing deals, so NFL does not have to refund money due to losses. For example, maybe part of the 2016 inventory has been manufactured already.

Anyway, it's because there is a rule, to have new unis in 2018, I think you have to submit the design to league by Fall 2016. Also, I thin kRams want new unis to occur for the stadium opening in 2019, so in Fall 2017 they will submit new design.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

The accurate information is contained in the link by the OP above.
January, February and March are not "Fall" months.

Apparently, moving an entire franchise halfway across the country is a bit easier than changing that franchise’s on-field look. Demoff told The Times that the NFL requires teams to request permission to change uniforms between January and March for use two years after that. The Rams won’t apply for a change until early next year, which will mean new uniforms in 2019 – the same year the team moves from its temporary home at the Coliseum to its new stadium in Inglewood.

"Our focus has always been on introducing new uniforms the year we open a new stadium," Demoff told The Times. "That's the opportune time to shape your brand."

But all is not lost. The Rams have been wearing the blue-and-yellows as throwback uniforms for years and are allowed by league rule to continue to do so for two home games each season.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
JWL

Post by JWL »

Oh, I read the link before posting. I still find the whole thing to be hogwash. The Browns changed their uniforms before the 1996 season. That wasn't in the works in 1993. I know. I know. The Browns never really left. A new franchise was created out of thin air.
mwald

Post by mwald »

I'm just happy they will (apparently) go back to the royal blue and yellow eventually, rather than roll out some new combination to go with their new stadium which will likely be state of the art and impressive from a design standpoint but--like all indoor stadiums--will lack soul.

They're back in L.A. I'll take what I can get.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

Typical NFL. I suppose it would cost a little money to go to the blue and yellow uniforms this year. And we know that would just kill the NFL.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

SixtiesFan wrote:Typical NFL. I suppose it would cost a little money to go to the blue and yellow uniforms this year. And we know that would just kill the NFL.
Neither the NFL nor anyone else would lose a dime; in fact, they would make money.
The existing garbage could be sold as "get 'em while they last: St. Louis jerseys" and they would sell ten times
as many as they do now.
Plus, the "new" colors would fly off the shelves for the first two years or so.
Five years from now, they could re-introduce the current rags as throw-up jerseys.
Yay team!
~ Arnie Weinmeister
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

mwald wrote:I'm just happy they will (apparently) go back to the royal blue and yellow eventually, rather than roll out some new combination to go with their new stadium which will likely be state of the art and impressive from a design standpoint but--like all indoor stadiums--will lack soul.
They're back in L.A. I'll take what I can get.
Better they went back to Cleveland AND the old blue and whites.
Let the Browns move to Edmonton - or Mexico City. Hey! there's some trash for the dumpster.
~ Arnie Weinmeister