Uniform Oddities: 1970-1975 Los Angeles Rams Uniforms
mwald

Re: Uniform Oddities: 1970-1975 Los Angeles Rams Uniforms

Post by mwald »

The number 50 jersey looks a little soiled in the nether regions. :lol:
MatthewToy

Post by MatthewToy »

Interesting. In the Pittsburgh Pirates 1977 yearbook they show prototypes of their new "bumblebee" uniforms there's white outlines around the yellow letters on their black jerseys. But they never wore them in a game. However, MLB couldn't have had the same rule about white outlines because the Pirates did wear them in their yellow jerseys.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

MatthewToy wrote:Interesting. In the Pittsburgh Pirates 1977 yearbook they show prototypes of their new "bumblebee" uniforms there's white outlines around the yellow letters on their black jerseys. But they never wore them in a game. However, MLB couldn't have had the same rule about white outlines because the Pirates did wear them in their yellow jerseys.
Interesting. I have the rulebook from the time and there is another interesting rule. Pants and jerseys could not be the same color, unless that color was white. The first team that wore (recent team, that is) was the 1997 eagles, wore green on green. Now, it happens all the time. I wonder when rule was changed
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

JohnTurney wrote:
MatthewToy wrote:Interesting. In the Pittsburgh Pirates 1977 yearbook they show prototypes of their new "bumblebee" uniforms there's white outlines around the yellow letters on their black jerseys. But they never wore them in a game. However, MLB couldn't have had the same rule about white outlines because the Pirates did wear them in their yellow jerseys.
Interesting. I have the rulebook from the time and there is another interesting rule. Pants and jerseys could not be the same color, unless that color was white. The first team that wore (recent team, that is) was the 1997 eagles, wore green on green. Now, it happens all the time. I wonder when rule was changed
Based on those day-glow unis this past year I wish it hadn't. Also don't like the black on black that the Ravens seen to particularly love.