Seattle Seahawks All Career-Year Team

paulksandiego

Re: Seattle Seahawks All Career-Year Team

Post by paulksandiego »

John, I love these single-season all-time teams that you're releasing. Are you going to do one that covers the entire league once the individual franchises are completed? Keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing the next franchise on your blog.

paul
JWL

Post by JWL »

paulksandiego wrote:John, I love these single-season all-time teams that you're releasing. Are you going to do one that covers the entire league once the individual franchises are completed? Keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing the next franchise on your blog.

paul
I did see where he indicated he would make such a list for all teams. I may only be moved to comment on the Jets one. I will hope to come up with a Jets list before viewing his list. Then I will compare.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

paulksandiego wrote:John, I love these single-season all-time teams that you're releasing. Are you going to do one that covers the entire league once the individual franchises are completed? Keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing the next franchise on your blog.

paul
I may do that, when you have to fill space, and when people seem to likes likes, I will do them. Appreciate the comment. If you, or anyone has a certain year by a player, let me know, sometimes there are great seasons that are not "honored" and I am trying to find them, much of this is by memory but as I get older I forget some obvious things.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

JWL wrote:

paul
I did see where he indicated he would make such a list for all teams. I may only be moved to comment on the Jets one. I will hope to come up with a Jets list before viewing his list. Then I will compare.
The order will be the newer franchises first, then the AFL, so the Saints and Falcons will come soon. Ravens, too. Although it's a nutty one because the Browns team became the Ravens ... anyway, have to work with what I can.

I also like to honor odd things, such as a 3rd RB, for example Bruce Harper may get that slot, but I need to research more, but in addition to a returned he was a good 3rd down back, the "Meggett back" if you will
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I think Dave Krieg's 1984 season without Curt Warner was pretty incredible...probably better than Jim Zorn's 1978 season. I guess no room for David Sims on the team.

Do you think Steve Hutchinson makes it to the HOF?
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Bryan wrote:I think Dave Krieg's 1984 season without Curt Warner was pretty incredible...probably better than Jim Zorn's 1978 season. I guess no room for David Sims on the team.

I also missed Krieg, but Zorn had to be in the team.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Bryan wrote:I think Dave Krieg's 1984 season without Curt Warner was pretty incredible...probably better than Jim Zorn's 1978 season. I guess no room for David Sims on the team.

Hutch will likely make it, IMO he's better than Faneca... Kreig was an HM, but yea, without Warner 1984 was impressive, but going 9-7 in 1978 was also impressive and being voted NEA All=pro (players' all-pro team) was also impressive. Tough call, but I went with my gut.
paulksandiego

Post by paulksandiego »

I go with Krieg in '84 over Zorn's '78. Marino's monster year has cast a big shadow over Krieg's accomplishments that season. I think with a lesser season stastically, Marino wouldn't have swept all the 1st team honors and Krieg may have gotten on one or two.