S Brian Dawkins
QB Donovan McNabb
DE Jason Taylor
RB LaDainian Tomlinson
WR Hines Ward
bachslunch

Re: First-time eligibles for HOF Class of 2017 include:

Post by bachslunch »

My guess is that Tomlinson goes in first ballot and both Dawkins and Taylor will be first year finalists getting in a couple years later. Dawkins probably goes in after Lynch and Atwater in that order.

Ward might get in a long way down the road, not that I'm especially taken with his candidacy. He probably languishes a long time like Isaac Bruce or Torry Holt, who I think do belong in.

Don't think McNabb is ever elected, which is fine with me.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

bachslunch wrote:My guess is that Tomlinson goes in first ballot and both Dawkins and Taylor will be first year finalists getting in a couple years later. Dawkins probably goes in after Lynch and Atwater in that order.

Ward might get in a long way down the road, not that I'm especially taken with his candidacy. He probably languishes a long time like Isaac Bruce or Torry Holt, who I think do belong in.

Don't think McNabb is ever elected, which is fine with me.
Pretty much agree. Safeties are going to be the WRs of the next 5-7 years.
bachslunch

Post by bachslunch »

JohnTurney wrote:Safeties are going to be the WRs of the next 5-7 years.
Agreed. Lynch, Atwater, Dawkins, Reed, and Polamalu have already come up or will be coming up in successive years. Plus Leroy Butler and Darren Woodson have plenty of eligible years left and might come into play later on.

Lynch surviving the cutdown from 15 to 10 this year suggests they know there's an upcoming bottleneck and are trying to address the issue in timely fashion. Smart approach.
HBGFBFAN

Post by HBGFBFAN »

Who would you guys picked to be the 15 finalists, 2 Contributor Category nominees and Senior nominee?
15 Modern Era Finalists
Steve Atwater, Terrell Davis, Joe Jacoby, Alan Faneca, Terrell Owens, Ty Law, Don Coryell, John Lynch, Kurt Warner, Jason Taylor, Brian Dawkins, Isaac Bruce, LaDainian Tomlinson, Morten Andersen, Edgerrin James and Jimmy Johnson. 2 Contributor: Bobby Beathard and Gil Brandt. 1 Senior Chuck Howley.
bachslunch

Post by bachslunch »

My guess is that 13 of the finalists are pretty much a given: Faneca, Jacoby, Owens, Davis, James, Tomlinson, Warner, Andersen, Coryell, Taylor, Lynch, Atwater, and Dawkins. The last two could be any from a group comprising Bruce, Holt, Johnson, Law, Mawae, Mecklenburg, and Kenn -- no idea who that would be.

As far as predicting Seniors or Contributors, good luck. I can say who I'd like to see, but that and $5.00 will get you coffee most anywhere. :lol:
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

I think with Stabler being inducted there will be a push to get Ken Anderson into the HOF, which I think is long overdue. I expect Anderson to be a Senior Candidate next season.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
JWL

Post by JWL »

Rupert Patrick wrote:I think with Stabler being inducted there will be a push to get Ken Anderson into the HOF, which I think is long overdue. I expect Anderson to be a Senior Candidate next season.
Anderson or Chuck Howley would be nice
paulksandiego

Post by paulksandiego »

JWL wrote:
Rupert Patrick wrote:I think with Stabler being inducted there will be a push to get Ken Anderson into the HOF, which I think is long overdue. I expect Anderson to be a Senior Candidate next season.
Anderson or Chuck Howley would be nice
Yes, along with Lavern Dilweg, Howley is one of the next 2 Veteran candidates on my own personal list. Of course, Howley has been in my personal top two VC candidates for over a decade now, and is always shut out. :x
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

Anderson and Gradishar should be senior nominees next year. They deserve it the most.