Super Bowl 50 on CBS?

Mark L. Ford
Site Moderator

Super Bowl 50 on CBS?

Post by Mark L. Ford »

Is CBS still planning to show Super Bowl 50 on Sunday? Because it's been almost four minutes since they last mentioned it.
mwald

Re: Super Bowl 50 on CBS?

Post by mwald »

Can you blame them? People might not find it.
MIKEBENNIDICT

Post by MIKEBENNIDICT »

Mark L. Ford wrote:Is CBS still planning to show Super Bowl 50 on Sunday? Because it's been almost four minutes since they last mentioned it.
I don't see what the fuss is or even why you're asking such a question.
Jeremy Crowhurst

Post by Jeremy Crowhurst »

Is there going to be any sort of pregame show? And what about half-time? Will they be bringing back Up With People?
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

I avoid all the pregame brouhaha and what not since I don't watch network TV other than sports. The closest I get to watching anything Super Bowl related before the game is I did watch a good deal of the Super Bowl highlights on the NFL Network last weekend. I'll skip ESPN and the NFL Network and turn on CBS at 6PM Sunday Night and watch the game.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Rupert Patrick wrote:I avoid all the pregame brouhaha and what not since I don't watch network TV other than sports. The closest I get to watching anything Super Bowl related before the game is I did watch a good deal of the Super Bowl highlights on the NFL Network last weekend. I'll skip ESPN and the NFL Network and turn on CBS at 6PM Sunday Night and watch the game.
I'm with you, Rupert. Do you also skip the halftime show?
MatthewToy

Post by MatthewToy »

I can see his point. It does get excessive, but that's every year. But is it worse than hipsters on twitter saying things like "Oh, is there a big sporting event today?"
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

rhickok1109 wrote:
Rupert Patrick wrote:I avoid all the pregame brouhaha and what not since I don't watch network TV other than sports. The closest I get to watching anything Super Bowl related before the game is I did watch a good deal of the Super Bowl highlights on the NFL Network last weekend. I'll skip ESPN and the NFL Network and turn on CBS at 6PM Sunday Night and watch the game.
I'm with you, Rupert. Do you also skip the halftime show?
I'll watch the CBS talking heads at halftime with the replays and analysis, but when it comes time for the show I usually will either mute the TV or use that as a good opportunity to eat or take a restroom break. I must admit in the middle of the last decade when they were doing halftime shows with the likes of The Who and Tom Petty and The Rolling Stones I wouldn't avoid those as a former Classic Rock DJ, but when they started skewing more toward the 18-25 crowd like they did before the Janet Jackson debacle I found myself skipping them once again.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Normally I avoid the pre-Super Bowl events, but this one will be more about the retired players. If you get or subscribe to The Blaze TV Network, on Sunday at Noon-2PM EST they will be airing the annual Bart Starr Award Breakfast event, which will be held in San Francisco. The 2016 Bart Starr Award will go to Thomas Davis of the Panthers (I'm sure he will not be there to accept it), but there will be plenty of retired players at the event, and I don't believe it has ever been televised before. If you get this channel you might want to check it out.

http://www.superbowlbreakfast.com/bart-starr-award
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

You would think the game is need of a ratings boost the way CBS News has had a Super Bowl-themed story every night this week. Did people not know it was on? :lol: