Ronfitch

Jerry Kramer Super Bowl Collection Auction

Post by Ronfitch »

"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
mwald

Re: Jerry Kramer Super Bowl Collection Auction

Post by mwald »

Don't like seeing this. Hope Kramer wasn't forced to these ends due to dire financial straits.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

mwald wrote:Don't like seeing this. Hope Kramer wasn't forced to these ends due to dire financial straits.
On TV tonight they made a point to mention that there was none of those issues (health, finance, etc) and that Kramer was doing "spring cleaning" and just wanted to clear out some stuff.
mwald

Post by mwald »

Reaser wrote:
mwald wrote:Don't like seeing this. Hope Kramer wasn't forced to these ends due to dire financial straits.
On TV tonight they made a point to mention that there was none of those issues (health, finance, etc) and that Kramer was doing "spring cleaning" and just wanted to clear out some stuff.
Good to hear.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

My first thought was why wouldn't he want to keep all of these great momentos in the family? Those would be things to treasure for generations! But toward the end of the video he's mentioning starting a trust fund from the proceeds for his descendants, which is wonderful. If he and his whole family decided this was the best thing to do, then more power to him.
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

Report today on the auction, proceeds expected to be about $350k:

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2016 ... 456102973/
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

ChrisBabcock wrote:But toward the end of the video he's mentioning starting a trust fund from the proceeds for his descendants, which is wonderful. If he and his whole family decided this was the best thing to do, then more power to him.
Sounds like a guy who understands how how infighting & shortsightedness could lead to a frittering away of his wealth. "Jerry III is listening to gangster rap? Annabelle has tattoos all over her face? I'm opening a trust!"
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

by Ronfitch » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:57 am
"Report today on the auction, proceeds expected to be about $350k..."

Michael Vick spent that for dog food and veterinarians services.

---
by JohnR » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:02 pm
"Sounds like a guy who understands how how infighting & shortsightedness could lead to a frittering away of his wealth. 'Jerry III is listening to gangster rap? Annabelle has tattoos all over her face? I'm opening a trust!'"

With two sets of children from two marriages, it is unlikely there would be a peaceful dissolution of his assets - regardless of will. He does not appear to be the type that would want negative headlines and his two families following the route of the Robin Williams' survivors. Ergo: while he is able, he seeks the advice of a competent trust officer. It's the smart play albeit an expensive one without the foolish hof asterisk attached to the paraphernalia.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister