What If The Chiefs Won Super Bowl I?

MIKEBENNIDICT

What If The Chiefs Won Super Bowl I?

Post by MIKEBENNIDICT »

Considering how the AFL was looked so down on I would of loved to have seen how everyone would of reacted.
rhickok1109

Re: What If The Chiefs Won Super Bowl I?

Post by rhickok1109 »

What if a flying saucer had landed at halftime?
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

rhickok1109 wrote:What if a flying saucer had landed at halftime?
Well, there was the hot-air balloon with the Viking in it that was unable to take off during the pre-game show. :lol:
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Namath isn't in the Hall of Fame (just kidding). Len Dawson will be flipping the coin this Feb 7 instead.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:Namath isn't in the Hall of Fame (just kidding). Len Dawson will be flipping the coin this Feb 7 instead.
I thought the refs tossed the coins at the Super Bowl, they have done it the last 3-4 years. The old players are just there for show.

I guess that means Hornung will deliver the trophy at the end of the game, unless him and Kramer and Robinson are there for the coin toss also. But I think they might also try to reunite the MVP's of the previous Super Bowls, except for the one who wouldn't show up at Super Bowl XL because he wasn't paid for it.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

Rupert Patrick wrote:
74_75_78_79_ wrote:Namath isn't in the Hall of Fame (just kidding). Len Dawson will be flipping the coin this Feb 7 instead.
I guess that means Hornung will deliver the trophy at the end of the game, unless him and Kramer and Robinson are there for the coin toss also. But I think they might also try to reunite the MVP's of the previous Super Bowls, except for the one who wouldn't show up at Super Bowl XL because he wasn't paid for it.
Montana wasn't the only former MVP to blow off the XL event; Bradshaw and Jake Scott were also not there. Harvey Martin had a good excuse for not being available, considering he had died on Christmas Eve 2001.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Harvey Martin had a good excuse for not being available, considering he had died on Christmas Eve 2001.
It's interesting that for a game that's 50 years old, Harvey Martin is the only deceased Super Bowl MVP.
Saban1

Post by Saban1 »

If the Chiefs had won Super Bowl I, the legacy of the 1960's Green Bay Packers would be tarnished. How many people now think that the 1968 Baltimore Colts were one of the greatest teams in football history? Before Super Bowl III, many did.

The AFL of the early 1960's would be considered better. People might be wondering about just how good the 1964-65 Buffalo Bills were. It's funny that the result of one game can affect the way so many think.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
Harvey Martin had a good excuse for not being available, considering he had died on Christmas Eve 2001.
It's interesting that for a game that's 50 years old, Harvey Martin is the only deceased Super Bowl MVP.
It is, but an even more interesting way to put it is that all previous 49 SBs each have at least one MVP still alive.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:
It is, but an even more interesting way to put it is that all previous 49 SBs each have at least one MVP still alive.
The two oldest winners, Starr and Dawson are only 80 are so, which isn't absolutely ancient, so virtually every player was under 30 at the time they won. Plus, some players won multiple times, which cuts the odds down a little more.