NFL Enjoys Gambling Revenue

oldecapecod11

NFL Enjoys Gambling Revenue

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Some might say the nfl does not approve of gambling unless it receives its share of the profit by means of advertising revenue.
And, the nfl is not alone.
This is hardly the message we want to see sent to the youth of America.

DraftKings and FanDuel are no longer allowed in Nevada
by Daniel Roberts
October 15, 2015, 10:41 PM EDT

... On Thursday, the Nevada Gaming Control Board ruled that all unlicensed daily fantasy sports companies must cease and desist in the state.
Yes, that covers DraftKings and FanDuel, the two red-hot tech startups that have been all over the news since September—at first for their aggressive advertising blitz, then for their involvement in a scandal over insider play...

http://fortune.com/2015/10/15/fantasy-sports-nevada/
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
mwald

Re: NFL Enjoys Gambling Revenue

Post by mwald »

Always interesting how old roosters fold the youth into their ruffled feathers... :P
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

It is not only interesting, it is amazing when little rootin' tootin' buckaroos finally mature to where they can actually recognize the obvious.
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

The government is getting involved in "Daily Fantasy Sports" and now it's all at the lobbying stage. The NFL is on the side of it not being gambling (very obviously is gambling), though Goodell during the latest owners meetings made the distinction between "season long fantasy" and "daily", with the former "been around forever" and not gambling (it's more a skill game), and the latter "we're doing more research" ... Evidently their research showed that DFS = profit so 'legal' it is in the eyes of the NFL.
John Grasso

Post by John Grasso »

At the Jets game I went to on Sunday they have two large screens for replays and such.
On one of them for much of the game a list of fantasy players' stats was shown with
constant updates. I believe it was also sponsored by one of the two major fantasy sites.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Postby John Grasso » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:31 pm
"... On one of them for much of the game a list of fantasy players' stats was shown with constant updates. I believe it was also sponsored by one of the two major fantasy sites..."

The "admitted" advertising expense figure of the fantasy gambling sites for the opening nfl Sunday was $27,000,000.00.
(For those who do not understand higher math, that's $27-million dollars.)
That is NOT money that bettors WON.
~ Arnie Weinmeister