Tom Brady's four-game suspension nullified

oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

We said this would happen some time ago. Scroll back and see.
Goodfella also "criticized."

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/09/03/r ... 1449427531

Edited to add:
Yahoo has the full 40-page ruling here.
20150903-1229PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 25352.html
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Reaser

Re: Tom Brady's four-game suspension nullified

Post by Reaser »

Goodell is a joke.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

He is that, indeed.

However, this time he has done more than verify what a bad joke he truly is.
He has made the league processes a joke and, by so doing, has made of laughing stock of many of the owners.

Yet, in an even later statement a few hours ago, the league has announced plans to appeal citing the backing of "32 teams."
Mark this: that appeal will be short-lived.
~ Arnie Weinmeister
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Yet, in an even later statement a few hours ago, the league has announced plans to appeal citing the backing of "32 teams."
Really? 32 includes the Patriots. :roll:

Post by 26554 »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
Really? 32 includes the Patriots. :roll:
Hey, you never know. Kraft seemed pretty willing to roll over until he realized that sacrificing the two ball boys (and the draft picks) wasn't going to be enough. Kind of curious, though, why non-Pats would be celebrating. I mean, I get not liking Goodell, but he's not going anywhere (again, anyone who thinks he's taken these steps without strong backing from the owners is kidding themselves). Brady wasn't really vindicated (judge ruled based on process, not findings) and this would seem to open the door for "anything goes" when it comes to cheating, at least until a new CBA is drawn up. Oh, and if I'm Sean Payton I'm calling my lawyer right now.

Hey, only took three tries before I was able to get all of my post submitted. A few months ago, it probably would've been more like four of five. Progress.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

by ChrisBabcock » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:25 pm
"Really? 32 includes the Patriots.:roll:"
and
by 26554 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:05 pm
"Hey, you never know..."

The 32 previously mentioned was from a Goodfella statement.
It was carefully worded and he could claim the 32 clubs are concerned with "competitive fairness."
Meanwhile, 32 groups of lemmings run out and buy replica jerseys, ash trays, and team specific beer so that the league
can spend millions on this foolishness.
You will probably see 10,000 new "#12s" the next times the Patsies play at Fakesborough.

Here's the link to the statement referencing "32 clubs."

In a statement, Goodell "respectfully" disagreed with Berman's ruling, saying, "We will appeal today’s ruling in order to uphold the collectively bargained responsibility to protect the integrity of the game. The commissioner’s responsibility to secure the competitive fairness of our game is a paramount principle, and the league and our 32 clubs will continue to pursue a path to that end. While the legal phase of this process continues, we look forward to focusing on football and the opening of the regular season."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 25352.html
~ Arnie Weinmeister
James

Post by James »

Not trying to start a war or anything of the like, but Brady was guilty of cheating was he not? So why did the judge overturn the four game suspension? I mean Kraft accepted the punishment, so why this? Makes no sense to me. My wife is pissed as she can't stand Brady, but she does have him as one of her QB's on her fantasy team.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash!
Moran

Post by Moran »

Here's a link to the full decision -
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... cil-v.html

Analysis beings on page 20, but here is the summary

An arbitrator's factual findings are generally not open to judicial challenge, and we accept the facts as the arbitrator found them.
The Court is fully aware of the deference afforded to arbitral decisions, but, nevertheless, concludes that the Award should be vacated. The Award is premised upon several significant legal deficiencies, including
(A) inadequate notice to Brady of both his potential discipline (four game suspension) and his alleged misconduct;
(B) denial of the opportunity for Brady to examine one of two lead investigators, namely NFL Executive Vice President and General
Counsel Jeff Pash; and
(C) denial of equal access to investigative files, including witness
interview notes.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

Albert Breer wrote that the case was about process, not Brady's innocence. "Innocence concerns one case. Process concerns all cases."
MatthewToy

Post by MatthewToy »

Nobody has ever hated anything as much as I hate the Brady-Belicheck era New England Patriots. They keep cheating and they keep getting away with it. They make the Madden era Raiders look like choir boys. I expect them to slap a Flying Elvis sticker on a freaking tank and put it on the defensive line. And I also expect them to get away with it.