TOP QBs of TODAY

oldecapecod11

TOP QBs of TODAY

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Here's a guy that rates the 40 top QBs of today.
Maybe he knows something about expansion that no one else does?

Ranking the top 40 NFL quarterbacks
Oct 22nd 2014 3:43PM
By SAM SPIEGELMAN
XN Sports

No position is more scrutinized in the NFL than that of the quarterback. Every year we try to appoint some into the "elite" category, while some have hung around in that category for the past decade.

Last month, we were ready to write off Tom Brady. We were ready to deal out praise to Brian Hoyer. And has anyone been watching Andrew Luck the past few weeks?
At the midway point in the NFL season, we have a strong idea of where each NFL starting quarterback stands. Here's a ranking of all 32 starters.
Caveat: this ranking list is for today, Oct. 22, not which quarterback we want to start a franchise around for 2015 and beyond.

PHOTO GALLERY | 1 of 40 IMAGES

1. Peyton Manning

2. Andrew Luck

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Philip Rivers
Manning just broke Brett Favre's longstanding record for touchdown passes, and did so by embarrassing the 49ers defense. Even as he nears 40 years of age, Manning is as accurate with his throws as ever, and he has helped those receivers live up to their potential. Luck is taking that step into the "elite" category this year. After a slow start, he's playing at an absurdly high level and is among a handful of legitimate MVP candidates.
Because they're quarterbacks, Rodgers and Rivers are in that discussion, too. Rodgers has been especially careful with the football, owning an 18:1 touchdown to interception ratio while leading the Packers to four straight wins. Rivers has been helping to mask the Chargers' offensive line deficiencies and running back injuries, and has his team very much alive in the AFC West race.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/10/22/r ... d%3D552163
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
MatthewToy

Re: TOP QBs of TODAY

Post by MatthewToy »

Ben Roethlisberger is 15? His playoff record is 10-4. This is why I hate fantasy football. It's completely screwed up how a lot of people watch the game.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Ben Roethlisberger is 15? His playoff record is 10-4. This is why I hate fantasy football. It's completely screwed up how a lot of people watch the game.
Interestingly, he may just have had the best game, fantasy-wise, by a QB in league history today. 522 yards, 6 TDs, 0 picks
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
Interestingly, he may just have had the best game, fantasy-wise, by a QB in league history today. 522 yards, 6 TDs, 0 picks
Roethlisberger is not a guy who throws for 350 yards every game, or 40 TD's every year, and he'll never have career stats approaching Brady, Peyton or Brees, but I do think when his career is over he'll wind up in Canton.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
conace21

Post by conace21 »

He is the only QB to have multiple 500 yard games. If you had told that to someone during his rookie year, you would have gotten some strange looks.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

Yawn...what a waste of space.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Seriously doubt the author ever played QB. Always seems QB lists are compiled by people who never played the position and/or don't know what being a QB entails.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Reaser wrote:Seriously doubt the author ever played QB. Always seems QB lists are compiled by people who never played the position and/or don't know what being a QB entails.
It was obviously written by somebody who is focused on fantasy football. I never played football myself and have no concept of what it is to be standing in the pocket and know that a tenth of a second after you release the ball, you're going to get slammed violently to the ground by a charging Ray Lewis or Reggie White, and keeping your composure to make the pass. I don't know how they do it. Quarterbacking is the most difficult job of any team sport, because of the combination of mental, physical and psychological skills needed to play the position, a baseball pitcher is a distant second. An NFL QB has hundreds, perhaps thousands, of different formations and variations and packages to choose from, while a baseball pitcher has at most four or five different pitches, and the catcher generally picks the pitch.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
King Kong

Post by King Kong »

Reaser wrote:Always seems QB lists are compiled by people who never played the position and/or don't know what being a QB entails.
So?
I never played quarterback. Would my list (if I did one) be automatically dismissed by ex-quarterback readers?
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

King Kong » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:42 pm
Reaser wrote:
Always seems QB lists are compiled by people who never played the position and/or don't know what being a QB entails.

So?
I never played quarterback. Would my list (if I did one) be automatically dismissed by ex-quarterback readers?

No; of course not... and that is not what Reaser is saying.
I think he is saying that most people who comprise lists of this type have never experienced their topic in the truest form.
The closest they have been to a "Center" is if they see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Plaza in New York
and the only cup they've ever handled is a tea cup or a coffee cup.
And, frankly, if your list was compiled while chasing Fay Wray, yes; it might be automatically dismissed.
One thing for certain, a list compiled by, say, a Roger Staubach, would probably be given a little more credence than yours?
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister