HOF Finalists named

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
JohnTurney

Re: Tough year to predict

Post by JohnTurney »

HBGFBFAN wrote:
JohnTurney wrote:Tags and Jones in some trouble

But...best guess

Tags
Jones
Easley
Jacoby
Davis
LT
Coryell
Warner
Who is in better shape between Jones and Tags?
Jones I think. Tags did an apology tour yesterday, saying his concussion remarks in 1994 were off and not appropriate...that may help him
JohnTurney

Re: Tough year to predict

Post by JohnTurney »

bachslunch wrote:
JohnTurney wrote:Tags and Jones in some trouble
Geez, just what they need. They've had enough trouble getting the Seniors in lately (Stanfel, Humphrey). If they aren't going to vote in the Contributor nominees, that makes it worse for this category and the Seniors losing out on other slots. And if they miss out, the committee will probably keep nominating these folks until they force them in like they did with Stanfel.

They really need to direct elect folks in these two categories and bypass the regular committee. It just doesn't seem to work well the current way.
Agree, if they are recommended by the committees they should get benefit of doubt, but I keep hearing it's not a done deal for the contributers...but I am guessing in the end they will vote yes, get them out of the way and move on.
Reaser

Re: HOF Finalists named

Post by Reaser »

NFL Network is showing clips of presentations from "inside the room" again this year.

Best one so far is Jeff Legwold hyping up Terrell Davis by saying that John Elway supports Davis for the HOF and Elway's word carries more weight than the usual teammate support because Elway sat across the table from Peyton Manning and DeMarcus Ware and asked them to take a paycut.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

NFLN's latest report said that there's only two more players to be presented/discussed, Isaac Bruce and T.O.
jeckle_and_heckle

Post by jeckle_and_heckle »

Reaser wrote:NFLN's latest report said that there's only two more players to be presented/discussed, Isaac Bruce and T.O.
Great updates, and thanks for mentioning the source.
"ROGER THAT"
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

They're going to be there a couple hours debating TO; there's not going to be a mic drop with him.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
JohnTurney

Man, no leaks today so far

Post by JohnTurney »

I think with Twitter the HOF is cracking down on leaks to pump up ratings...maybe there will be some who tell us who is out anyway
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

NFLN says they're at the 10 finalists voting down to 5 right now.

They tried last year to convince people that no one was going to find out the HOF'ers until the awards show.

They're saying the same today so I guess we'll see if they're able to stop the twitter reports this year.

As shown on NFLN, Matt Maiocco's spiel for T.O. included quoting Brian Westbrook about how T.O. made his teammates better.
JohnTurney

Voting is over.

Post by JohnTurney »

Been for about 10-15 minutes...all voters who who is out... or, they know who he final 5 are...

so, we will see ...
HBGFBFAN

Post by HBGFBFAN »

Boselli was not elected.