Chiefs Win Super Bowl LIV

TanksAndSpartans

Re: Chiefs Win Super Bowl LIV

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

lastcat3 wrote:Lol, I think the Chiefs are building up some locker room material already for next year. A lot of fans and media have been saying that the 49ers lost the game more than the Chiefs won it. It is an interesting situation though. I think this might be the first Super Bowl where people would have considered the team that lost the game to have been the superior team throughout the majority of the game.
Majority is more than half. What about Shanahan's last SB? Falcons > Patriots?
Retro Rider

Re: Chiefs Win Super Bowl LIV

Post by Retro Rider »

lastcat3 wrote: Also think Andy Reid needs to win at least one more Super Bowl before we can consider him a HOF lock. He has only won one Super Bowl and he didn't even have the better team for three and a half quarters during that particular game. If Andy Reid is a lock HOF coach at this point that only furthers the narrative that the HOF isn't even worth paying attention to any longer.
Andy Reid is only 20 regular season wins away from becoming the 5th winningest NFL coach of All-Time. He has won 61 percent of his games and has a 15-14 post-season record. He has been named NFL COY 4 times and AFC/NFC COY 3 times. The final piece that was missing from his HOF resume fell in to place yesterday. Reid's Chiefs won the same way they did in the AFC playoffs by coming from behind. The odds are pretty good that he will significantly pad his W/L totals in the next 2 years. I don't think he has anything left to prove after SB LIV. I'm not saying that he is a first ballot selection but he has a HOF resume at least equal to (or better than) several coaches already enshrined. One Super Bowl win was enough for Dungy, Cowher and Madden. Grant and Levy were a combined 0-8 in Super Bowl competition. Hopefully Andy Reid won't have to wait as long as Hank Stram did before getting a call from Canton.