At what point will we run out of "contributers"?

oldecapecod11

Re: At what point will we run out of "contributers"?

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Ronfitch » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:05 am
"In Palm Springs for a conference right now. Lots of sidewalk stars to commemorate people ... Alan Ladd, Elvis, Liberace, Lauren Bacall, etc. But I have also seen two listed as "plastic surgeons." Which makes me think of where the contributor category could easily go before deserving players get in a seniors."

Precisely! cheerleaders and Goodyear blimp pilots and snow plow drivers and Heaven knows what else.
Anything to make a buck!

---

Teo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:24 am
"If I had a vote to name a contribuitor (beside Steve Sabol), and although that I am interested in referees and their fellow officials, I would chose Sam Spence, I enjoy his music and I know that thousands of fans also.
But seriously, I am convinced that Art McNally will be elected the next time. He is the Dick LeBeau of officiating (like LeBeau, he has been in the league in some capacity since 1959) and is credited to have modernize and consolidate pro officiating (remember, the use of microphones by referees and instant replay were born under him)
."

More nonsense... they would have a half-time show and commercial category...

---

bachslunch wrote:
"Interesting question: what makes a HoF referee? Is there any NFL equivalent to Bill Klem? Or a HoF announcer (if it's not as utterly silly an idea as I think it is -- Howard Cosell, Don Meredith, and Pat Summerall? Ugh...)"

The mention of Klem is interesting.
As much as his induction might have been deserved, they waited until after his death.
Attachments
Klem.jpg
Klem.jpg (41.39 KiB) Viewed 4702 times
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister