NFL 100 All-Time Team

conace21

Re: NFL 100 All-Time Team

Post by conace21 »

JohnTurney wrote:
rhickok1109 wrote: I'd certainly vote for Lewis, but I wouldn't vote for anyone who's still active. A player has to be retired for at least 5 years to be eligible for the HOF; I think he should at least be retired to qualify for the all-time team.
Why? And I certainly respect your view, just asking

The 50th and 75th All-Time teams had active guys... Do you mean just the 100th? or that
those two teams shouldn't have had active guys?
The difference is that a player will eventually retire and be eligible for the HOF, but there's only one 50th (75th) All Time Team. I think if an active player has done enough at the time to merit inclusion, he should be on the team.
I can't remember the entire 50th Team, but I remember Unitas and Sayers both made it. Both of them had come to their end of their peaks due to age and/or injury. Same with Montana, Rice and White on the 75th Anniversary Team. Rod Woodson was a little more questionable.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

rhickok1109 wrote:I'd certainly vote for Lewis, but I wouldn't vote for anyone who's still active. A player has to be retired for at least 5 years to be eligible for the HOF; I think he should at least be retired to qualify for the all-time team.
The NFL 100 team would certainly be interesting without Belichick as one of the 10 coaches and without Brady.

Wouldn't be much of an all-time team at that point. With all-time more meaning "to date" as a sports term, seems to make sense to have active coaches/players eligible for an 'all-time' team.
Elkman8102

Post by Elkman8102 »

Not sure how Lewis could not be a unanimous selection.

Butkus was an incredible player but if Lewis’ career does not overtake him I think it may be impossible for anyone to do so.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

"Boomer pick" as little rip on Marchatti

https://twitter.com/PeteDaWhite/status/ ... 0598986753
JameisLoseston

Post by JameisLoseston »

DB finalists

CB:
Herb Adderley
Champ Bailey
Lem Barney
Mel Blount
Willie Brown
Darrell Green
Mike Haynes
Jimmy Johnson
Night Train Lane
Patrick Peterson
Mel Renfro
Darrelle Revis
Deion Sanders
Aeneas Williams
Charles Woodson
Rod Woodson

S:
Jack Christiansen
Brian Dawkins
Kenny Easley
Ken Houston
Paul Krause
Yale Lary
Ronnie Lott
Troy Polamalu
Ed Reed
Johnny Robinson
Donnie Shell
Emlen Tunnell
Larry Wilson
Willie Wood

I'm as happy to see more modern guys as anyone, but Patrick Peterson is an... interesting choice. Also noteworthy to see Donnie Shell get recognized.