Rupert's Game Book Legacy

TodMaher

Re: Rupert's Game Book Legacy

Post by TodMaher »

Oszuscik wrote:
TodMaher wrote:
Oszuscik wrote:.

Steelers - Apparently they have no game books before 1969 (somebody went to their archives and all they have was from 1969 and later). I tried to contact them a couple times but never heard back
Well, they must have them from 1968, because they are - sort of - on their website. Except when you click on the links (including the 1969 games) all you get (well, all I get) is a big blank nothing.

https://www.steelers.com/news/pittsburg ... 0s-1029575
Good find! Though frustrating the links are all dead ends... Maybe it’s worth contacting someone through the site, since clearly they meant to have the game books posted.

You didn’t by chance find old Steelers media guides on their website too did you? There’s a few from the 70’s on eBay that I’ve been eyeballing, but finding them posted on their site for free would be preferable!
I asked for the eight games in 1968 that we are missing. They sent me the scoresheets - not the gamebooks - for those games. Maybe that's all they have pre-1969?
Oszuscik

Post by Oszuscik »

TodMaher wrote:I asked for the eight games in 1968 that we are missing. They sent me the scoresheets - not the gamebooks - for those games. Maybe that's all they have pre-1969?
May I ask Tod what department responded to you from the Steelers? When I contacted the Packers it was through their public affairs department, and the response came from a communications department intern. Just curious as it could be helpful in the future to anyone who attempts to contact a team asking for gamebook assistance.

Thanks!
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

TodMaher wrote: I asked for the eight games in 1968 that we are missing. They sent me the scoresheets - not the gamebooks - for those games. Maybe that's all they have pre-1969?
I think that's the case

HOF has 1961-68, though
TodMaher

Post by TodMaher »

I just filled in the Feedback form (there was a link on the bottom of the page).

If you get hold what the NFL calls the "Black Book" that has all the team media relations contact info (emails, etc.):

https://nflcommunications.com/media/Pub ... 20Book.pdf

You'll have a create an NFL Communications account to access the file.