Most-dominant post-season by a team?

74_75_78_79_

Re: Most-dominant post-season by a team?

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Hail Casares wrote:The '86 Giants was Super Bowl XXI, not XX.
My mistake.

Yet another one to at least be mentioned are also the '92 Cowboys. Beating a 14-2 SF team at Candlestick by 10 sandwiched by two dominations of Eagles & Bills by a combined 86-27. The SB blowout over Buffalo all the more impressive in that, after being down 38-3 to Houston 1st Rd, the Bills outscored their opponents by a combined 91-16 the remainder of the AFC playoffs! Such high momentum they were on going into that SB. Not a real worthy hypothetical being that two weeks between CCs and SB is the norm, but it makes you wonder if SBXXVII being just one week later would have better benefited Buffalo momentum-wise. Then again, maybe Dallas themselves would have played an even better game; having even less time to think, or be nervous, about their very first SB. In the early-'90s, the SB still being a bad game era, I felt that a one-week separation would help make the Super Bowl a better game; but with it actually turning out to be a good game regularly these past 20+ years, I guess it don't really make a difference.