Relocation

TodMaher

Re: Relocation

Post by TodMaher »

I wouldn't be surprised if they league votes yes to allowing all three teams to move. I think the filing was just as a move by the owners to "scare" the cities into building new stadiums at the taxpayers expense (and not the billionaire owners). So, the owners may vote yes to all three for the same reason - more leverage/pressure on the cities.
Does jt really matter where the teams are? I mean 90% of the revenue probably comes from TV, so you could move an NFL team to the middle of nowhere (see Green Bay), build a stadium and still draw a decent crowd and still make money. You could probably play on a empty lot and still make money as long as TV crews are there.
TodMaher

Post by TodMaher »

TodMaher wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they league votes yes to allowing all three teams to move. I think the filing was just as a move by the owners to "scare" the cities into building new stadiums at the taxpayers expense (and not the billionaire owners). So, the owners may vote yes to all three for the same reason - more leverage/pressure on the cities.
Does jt really matter where the teams are? I mean 90% of the revenue probably comes from TV, so you could move an NFL team to the middle of nowhere (see Green Bay), build a stadium and still draw a decent crowd and still make money. You could probably play on a empty lot and still make money as long as the TV crews are there.
Terry Baldshaw

Post by Terry Baldshaw »

I read an article in yesterday's local newspaper about the plight of many small town police departments. With funding problems, many of them are closing. There are also funding and staffing problems with many local volunteer fire departments. All the while, the pockets of taxpayers are looted so billionaire sports mavens can revel in royal splendor in publicly financed stadia while touting the greatness of the "free market".

The more decadent a society, the more perverted become its priorities,

These teams can all relocate to Hell, for all I care.
BernardB

Post by BernardB »

Terry Baldshaw wrote:I read an article in yesterday's local newspaper about the plight of many small town police departments. With funding problems, many of them are closing. There are also funding and staffing problems with many local volunteer fire departments. All the while, the pockets of taxpayers are looted so billionaire sports mavens can revel in royal splendor in publicly financed stadia while touting the greatness of the "free market".

The more decadent a society, the more perverted become its priorities,

These teams can all relocate to Hell, for all I care.
At least its a warm location.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

At least its a warm location.
...until the Bills win the Super Bowl. *rimshot* :lol:
single wing

Post by single wing »

30 to 2 vote St Louis Rams back to Los Angeles, San Diego may follow.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

Last time the Rams moved to Los Angeles was also on January 12...1946--exactly 70 years ago. :shock:
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

single wing wrote:30 to 2 vote St Louis Rams back to Los Angeles, San Diego may follow.
Who were the 2 who voted against?
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Who were the 2 who voted against?
Davis and Spanos?
mwald

Post by mwald »

Not surprising the owners would leave the Raiders holding the short straw. The Rams belong in Los Angeles; this just rights a wrong that was done in 1994. The Chargers - well they wanted it, they get it.

This could all change tomorrow, of course.

But if it doesn't, the Raiders may be better off in the long run. Say what you want about the club but they have a loyal and supportive fan base. Sonny Barger, the founder of the Oakland Hells Angels, once said that San Francisco is an east coast city on the west coast and that Oakland is a midwestern town on the west coast. That's a great observation. Despite all the losing the Raiders have a thriving culture around their team much like the Packers do in Green Bay. The Raiders in Oakland is good for the league. If they can make something work they may end up happy they never moved.