No more NFL Record and Fact Book?

Rupert Patrick

Re: No more NFL Record and Fact Book?

Post by Rupert Patrick »

3533 wrote:
Steviek wrote:Wow, no actual publication anymore?!! I know we live in the age of online books, but this is a sad day for me. Perhaps just another small omen that the league is not what it once was.
It is sad news for me too. I will have to download it and print out the pages I really need.
I too miss the tactile holding of the book and flipping the pages, the new book smell, and the fact that I've been purchasing the book for the past 31 years and now my collections of these books has come to an end. I'll never get used to these E books that everybody is going to, there is something about holding a book and reading it.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Rupert Patrick wrote:I too miss the tactile holding of the book and flipping the pages, the new book smell, and the fact that I've been purchasing the book for the past 31 years and now my collections of these books has come to an end. I'll never get used to these E books that everybody is going to, there is something about holding a book and reading it.
Feel the exact same way.
Lee Elder

Post by Lee Elder »

This is something that has been coming for about a decade now. Lots of books that have a limited target group are now offered digitally.

Most sports leagues have done this with their books in recent years. Generally, media kits and annual records/stats books have gone or are going digital. Most sports leagues now do a limited print run of their books and put those copies in the hands of their most important reporters/partners and then offer the thing online. The good news is that the online stuff is usually free.

Personally, I prefer to have a hard copy. I can mark up/highlight/notate the information that way. Still, I don't view the move to digital copies of the books as a negative. It's just that way the world is doing business right now.

Post by 3533 »

Lee Elder wrote:This is something that has been coming for about a decade now. Lots of books that have a limited target group are now offered digitally.

Most sports leagues have done this with their books in recent years. Generally, media kits and annual records/stats books have gone or are going digital. Most sports leagues now do a limited print run of their books and put those copies in the hands of their most important reporters/partners and then offer the thing online. The good news is that the online stuff is usually free.

Personally, I prefer to have a hard copy. I can mark up/highlight/notate the information that way. Still, I don't view the move to digital copies of the books as a negative. It's just that way the world is doing business right now.
Yes, the NBA did this with their books. The Sporting News published them. I think they were official NBA books. Once they went online, I never looked at them again.

I will print out the past year's standings, the top individual performers of the past year (top rushing games, top passing games, etc.), the team statistics pages and that would be about it.

The other stuff I "need" (all time head-to-head series is my favorite) I can handle myself by making a spreadsheet or something with the 2014 and beyond information.
IvanNYC

Post by IvanNYC »

For those not able to log into NFLmedia.com, the book is now available on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/static/content/publi ... 502939.pdf
@Ivan_Urena1

Post by 3533 »

Page 375 shows Carolina beat Atlanta in the playoffs last season.
IvanNYC

Post by IvanNYC »

3533 wrote:Page 375 shows Carolina beat Atlanta in the playoffs last season.
Yep. Definitely a typo. They have it correct on page 240, "CAROLINA 27, Arizona 16."
@Ivan_Urena1
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Bumped for Joe...
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister