Hierarchy of All-Pro Teams?

rebelx24

Hierarchy of All-Pro Teams?

Post by rebelx24 »

I am wondering what all of your opinions are regarding the prestige of various All-Pro teams, and whether there's some way you'd rank them. Currently, I consider teams from news organizations like AP, UPI, Pro Football Writers, NEA, etc. to carry more weight than teams named by individual publications like Spoting News, Pro Football Weekly, Pro Football Focus, etc. Wanted to see if my opinion differs significantly from a majority of people on this forum.
Saban1

Re: Hierarchy of All-Pro Teams?

Post by Saban1 »

AP and UP were always the big ones. Probably still are.
JohnTurney

Re: Hierarchy of All-Pro Teams?

Post by JohnTurney »

rebelx24 wrote:I am wondering what all of your opinions are regarding the prestige of various All-Pro teams, and whether there's some way you'd rank them. Currently, I consider teams from news organizations like AP, UPI, Pro Football Writers, NEA, etc. to carry more weight than teams named by individual publications like Spoting News, Pro Football Weekly, Pro Football Focus, etc. Wanted to see if my opinion differs significantly from a majority of people on this forum.
The ones recognized by the NFL/NFLPA in the most recent Collective bargaining agreement are AP, PFWA, SN, and Sports Illustrated.

The ones included in Total Football: The Official Encyclopedia of the NFL are: AP, UPI, PFWA, NEA, NYDN, SN, PFW (some started later--PFWA in 1966, SN in 1980, PFW in 1968 and some ended, UPI in 1969, NEA in 1992, NYDN in 1969, PFW in 1991-merged with PFWA)

But in the early years Total Football included a lot more, like the INS, Green Bay Gazette . . .