Super Bowl XVI on NFL Network

Bryan

Super Bowl XVI on NFL Network

Post by Bryan »

I've never been able to find a complete broadcast of SB XVI, and I see that Wednesday, 6/11 at 9:30am CST the NFL Network will be showing SB XVI as a Super Bowl Classic. I am recording it. Just an FYI.
Brian wolf

Re: Super Bowl XVI on NFL Network

Post by Brian wolf »

Eric Wright gave up a big completion to Cris Collinsworth but also forced two huge turnovers. He could have easily been MVP.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Brian wolf wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:37 pm Eric Wright gave up a big completion to Cris Collinsworth but also forced two huge turnovers. He could have easily been MVP.
San Fran fumbled the opening kickoff and it looked like Cinci was going to get some kind of points right off the bat. His interception near the endzone quickly got San Fran back on track. Who knows how that game develops if it's 7-0 or 3-0 Bengals. Collinsworth iirc also fumbled deep in 49ers territory for the Bengals. And of course you had the famous goal line stand

Bengals blew so many opportunities for points.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

sheajets wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:42 am San Fran fumbled the opening kickoff and it looked like Cinci was going to get some kind of points right off the bat. His interception near the endzone quickly got San Fran back on track. Who knows how that game develops if it's 7-0 or 3-0 Bengals.
I thought that was the key sequence of the game. The Bengals had momentum after kickoff fumble and Anderson had hit on some short passes. They had a 2nd and goal from the 5, and Jim Stuckey had a big sack of Anderson. The next play was a much longer 3rd and goal from the 12, which Dwight Hicks intercepted.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

For what it's worth, the NFL Network shows Super Bowl XIV tomorrow (Friday) at 10 am ET. The Steelers beat the Rams but the Rams led at the end of the third quarter and were driving to go back ahead when Vince Ferragamo didn't see Billy Waddy ("Ray, Waddy was wide open.") and threw an interception to Jack Lambert. Terry Bradshaw hit John Stallworth with another long completion and the Steelers soon scored the clinching TD.

A post-game theme was the Rams put up a strong game as heavy underdogs. Jim Murray wrote in his column, "It wasn't a Minnesota Viking Super Bowl performance." Super Bowl XIV was considered the best one up to that time.
Crazy Packers Fan

Post by Crazy Packers Fan »

Bryan wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:24 pm I've never been able to find a complete broadcast of SB XVI, and I see that Wednesday, 6/11 at 9:30am CST the NFL Network will be showing SB XVI as a Super Bowl Classic. I am recording it. Just an FYI.
There's a "Greatest Games" DVD for the 49ers that's super expensive... at least $100 on eBay. I got two, one for myself and one for a friend. For the quality of the recordings, those "Greatest Games" DVDs can't be beat. But the NFL Network rebroadcasts are almost as good! (Just with ads.)