2021 QB draft class

racepug

2021 QB draft class

Post by racepug »

Not very impressive (to say the least): https://www.insidehook.com/sports/nfl-2 ... e-class-24
sheajets

Re: 2021 QB draft class

Post by sheajets »

Just how badly Wilson can look out there is really jarring. Poor accuracy. Terrible ball placement on the easiest of throws. Perfectly set up screens which he throws at the feet of the receiver and 3 yards in front of him. No ability to read a defense. Will outright not see an open receiver and opt to throw to his worst possible option. His teammates dislike him and have no faith or trust in him. He has never shown any improvement.

It's hard to be as bad as Zach Wilson. If the Jets had a slightly below average QB last year after Rodgers went down then maybe they could've made a season of it. Instead they had dead last the worst quarterback in football. That is an immense handicap to overcome

Mac Jones I absolutely think there is still hope he can end up competent starter.
JWL

Post by JWL »

sheajets wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:37 pm Just how badly Wilson can look out there is really jarring. Poor accuracy. Terrible ball placement on the easiest of throws. Perfectly set up screens which he throws at the feet of the receiver and 3 yards in front of him. No ability to read a defense. Will outright not see an open receiver and opt to throw to his worst possible option. His teammates dislike him and have no faith or trust in him. He has never shown any improvement.

It's hard to be as bad as Zach Wilson. If the Jets had a slightly below average QB last year after Rodgers went down then maybe they could've made a season of it. Instead they had dead last the worst quarterback in football. That is an immense handicap to overcome

Mac Jones I absolutely think there is still hope he can end up competent starter.
Karma took care of McCorkle Jones for his scrotum kicks and grabs.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

The mediocrity coming out of this draft class just proves that these guys are being thrown into the fire too soon. Not every rookie can come in and look like CJ Stroud. Teams want them to be a show on draft night but then discard them if they cant improve by year three on a cheaper contract. With rookies constricted, they might as well go to a team they want to go to instead of a losing, pathetic draft situation. If they refuse the team that drafted them, so be it. Find the situation or coaching that can maximize their talents. Its not like they can sign for Sam Bradford rookie money anymore.

With the season that Brock Purdy had last year, why wait on an option to be picked up? Why not hold out for better money? Its not like the Niners would cut him, just have to take him more seriously and reward him sooner than they want ...
JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

This class was so hyped too. I never bought into Wilson, but I thought there was no way Jones would be worse than alright, especially after the first year. The biggest surprise might be Lawrence just being decent, though.
racepug

Post by racepug »

JameisSaintston wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:50 pm This class was so hyped too. I never bought into Wilson, but I thought there was no way Jones would be worse than alright, especially after the first year. The biggest surprise might be Lawrence just being decent, though.
T.L. had real issues with turning the ball over late last season and, like you, I haven't been particularly impressed by him. But he probably is the best of the 2021 QB class, regardless.
JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

He has had the most success so far, but I think I've seen more flashes of big things from Fields. Flash doesn't mean much when winning doesn't follow, though.