104th season, Week 13 recap

racepug

104th season, Week 13 recap

Post by racepug »

DAL 41 - 35 SEA - the Seahawks put up a good fight (better than most people thought they would) on Thursday night but ultimately fall after failing on three 4th down attempts in the 4th quarter.

the NYJ 8 – 13 ATL - the Jets' poor season continues while ATL jumps into first place in their division all by themselves with the win.

N.E. 0 – 6 the LAC - the Chargers end a 7-game losing streak (going back to 2010) against N.E. and with the loss the Patriots not only maintain their "worst record in the A.F.C." status but they "achieve" something that hasn't been done since the 1938 Chicago Cardinals: hold 3 straight opponents to 10 (or fewer) points and still manage to lose all 3 games.

TEN 28 – 31 (OT) Indy - after TEN kicks a FG in OT, Indianapolis answers with a touchdown pass by Gardner Minshew that gives the Colts their first season sweep of the Titans since 2018.

PIT 10 – 24 ARZ - 'Stillers' starting QB Kenny Pickett leaves the game in the 2nd quarter with an ankle injury and without him PIT is unable to overcome the worst-in-their-division Cardinals.

'N'awlins' 28 – 33 DET - the Lions bust out to a 21 - 0 lead and hold on for the victory from there and keep zeroing in on their first division title in 30 years.

WAS 15 – 45 MIA - the Commanders, after a 2 - 0 start to their season, have lost their way and find themselves in last place in their division at present.

HOU 22 – 17 DEN - the Texans intercept Russell Wilson in the end zone late in the game and put an end to the Broncos' 5-game winning streak in the process.

T.B. 21 – 18 CAR - the change at H.C. didn't help as the Panthers seem to be well on their way to finishing with the worst record in the league in 2023.

the LAR 36 – 19 CLE - the Rams win their 3rd straight game to get to 0.500 on the season and take over 2nd place from SEA in the N.F.C. West (because they swept the season series from the Seahawks).

PHI 19 – 42 SFO - the 'Iggles' come out firing and hold the 49ers to (-6) yards of total offense in the first quarter. After that, though, the 49ers make a statement with this dominating win over the defending N.F.C. champions.

G.B. 27 – 19 K.C. - the Packers confound the experts with this win over the defending league champions and get themselves to 0.500 on the season with their 4th win in their last 5 games.

JAX 31 – 34 (OT) CIN - the Bengals play like their playoff lives are on the line and upset the Jaguars in FL on Monday night. This is the Bengals' first road win on MNF in 33 years and their backup QB, Jake Browning (in for starter Joe Burrow), sets an N.F.L. record for "best completion % in a QB's first- or second-ever start" by completing 32 of 37 passes for 354 yards [completion % of 86.5].
Last edited by racepug on Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ness

Re: 104th season, Week 13 recap

Post by Ness »

The 42-19 thrashing the 49ers put on the Eagles was one of the most satisfying wins the 49ers orchestrated in franchise history considering the circumstances. Once the 49ers got their first 1st down, the game was basically over. 6 straight TD drives. And 5 of those 6 drives took at least 70 yards. 49ers didn't even have a turnover to help them out, nor did they need one. Remarkable victory. Birds got completely bootyclapped in their own nest. Brock Purdy is definitely in the MVP talks, and thus far this is one of the best 49ers teams in franchise history. They need to seal the deal in the playoffs though. We'll see.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Ness wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:09 am The 42-19 thrashing the 49ers put on the Eagles was one of the most satisfying wins the 49ers orchestrated in franchise history considering the circumstances. Once the 49ers got their first 1st down, the game was basically over. 6 straight TD drives. And 5 of those 6 drives took at least 70 yards. 49ers didn't even have a turnover to help them out, nor did they need one. Remarkable victory. Birds got completely bootyclapped in their own nest. Brock Purdy is definitely in the MVP talks, and thus far this is one of the best 49ers teams in franchise history. They need to seal the deal in the playoffs though. We'll see.
I completely agree. Matter of fact a comment I posted last night went something along the lines of: "They need to win the S.B. this year because I don't know when they'll be better prepared to do so than they seem to be right now."
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

49ers are hot but aways to go ... Can the Cowboys take advantage and win a huge game at home against Philly?

The Packers are hot as well. Theyre lucky pass interference wasnt called at the end of the Chiefs game. Detroit needs to beat Chicago and have their first double digit win season since 2014.

Big game for TB against Atlanta. If they lose, the Mayfield era for the Bucs may end after only one season. Can he rally this team for a division title? At least Evans is staying consistent.

The Colts are doing a good job as well, despite having a two-point conversion ran back all the way for the Titans. I always believed Minshew could stay in a starting lineup. Though Demeco Ryan's should be COTY, Steichen has a case as well if Indy can get to 8-9 wins ...
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I completely agree. Matter of fact a comment I posted last night went something along the lines of: "They need to win the S.B. this year because I don't know when they'll be better prepared to do so than they seem to be right now."
Agreed. They have a bunch of key players who's contracts are expiring.
JWL

Post by JWL »

Brian wolf wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:50 pm
The Packers are hot as well. Theyre lucky pass interference wasnt called at the end of the Chiefs game. Detroit needs to beat Chicago and have their first double digit win season since 2014.
It probably evened out. Mahomes had that baiting move by the sideline and the officials fell for it. Then there was the play where MV-S had his forward progress stopped before going backwards to the sideline. The referee stopped the clock but should not have.

I knew Jordan Love was going to be good. Jets luck dictated he would throw more TDs than Aaron Rodgers this season. Of course, the injury ended up making that a no contest. When there were reports in December of 2022 that Love wanted to be traded, I suggested the Jets trade for him. This was right around the same time Zach Wilson was screwing up vs Detroit and Jacksonville. In the game vs Kansas City in 2022 you could see Love's poise in the pocket and footwork. It was one game but it showed he can be good in the NFL. I predicted the Packers would make the playoffs in 2023 mainly due to Love but also because the defense is good enough.