Bears set negative record

racepug

Bears set negative record

Post by racepug »

According to this: https://sports.yahoo.com/bears-defense- ... 03578.html these Chicago Bears are the first team in N.F.L. history to surrender 25 or more points in 14 consecutive games. For a franchise that has long prided itself on its ability to play defense that has GOT to hurt.

(Oh, and I found out after my original post that they tied a team record today for: "largest lead blown" [21 pts.])
Brian wolf

Re: Bears set negative record

Post by Brian wolf »

Yep, had a chance to kick a FG and put the pressure on Denver with the game on the line but gets stuffed on 4th down rather than simply pushing their QB forward ... Tanking or just exhausted?
racepug

Post by racepug »

Given his overall record as a head coach I think that "poor coaching" is certainly a possibility.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

The Bears have been a silly organization for decades now. One thing that I find interesting about the Bears is that they've always drafted/acquired players based strictly on physical ability. There is very little consideration given to intelligence, character, and (most importantly) if the guy can actually play football. In a way, they are like the opposite of Belichick's Patriots. I think this is also why the Bears can't ever develop a QB. They get guys who look like they should be good QBs (Cutler, Fields, Trubisky) and don't really consider other aspects of the position.
Halas Hall

Post by Halas Hall »

You're totally right - the Bears have indeed been a silly organization for decades now. It looks like only three coaches have left the Bears with winning records since George Halas retired - Mike Ditka, Lovie Smith, and Matt Nagy. It looks like Mike Ditka deserves more respect as a head coach than he generally receives.
racepug

Post by racepug »

JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

And then they come right out with a massive W on a Thursday night, break the streak, look like they have a QB, and even find a taker for Claypool.

Football is bonkers, yo.
JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

Halas Hall wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:42 am You're totally right - the Bears have indeed been a silly organization for decades now. It looks like only three coaches have left the Bears with winning records since George Halas retired - Mike Ditka, Lovie Smith, and Matt Nagy. It looks like Mike Ditka deserves more respect as a head coach than he generally receives.
On the contrary, to my generation of fans, Ditka's reputation precedes him to such a degree that many would assume he's in the HOF as a coach, and relatively few even know he did arguably greater things as a player.