2023 curtain raiser

racepug

2023 curtain raiser

Post by racepug »

Looks like the DET Lions are intent on showing that they plan on picking up this year where they left off last year: on fire. Full credit to them for the "W" tonight but Chiefs pass catchers were terrible. Absolutely awful - and if there's any justice each and every one of them will either have his paycheck for this week withheld from him or he will voluntarily refuse it.
Brian wolf

Re: 2023 curtain raiser

Post by Brian wolf »

Not a good game plan from KC. McKinnon with only one touch, a catch and Toney had two touches for 0 yards and a tipped interception. Detroit ran the ball and gave their defense a chance but KC could have had this game, even without Kelce.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Just win, baby.

But when's the last time Mahones had 18 incompletions in a game? Sure, some dropped balls, but give the D credit for pressuring him into some bad throws.

Like the new backfield of Gibbs & Montgomery. Sounds like a London law firm.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I prefer "lid lifter" to "curtain raiser", but appreciate the effort.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Lions have been on the rise for the past two seasons. I don't think that's a secret to most people on this forum.

As for KC, the thing I'm watching for this year is how much the loss of Bienemy is going to affect the team. Last night has me wondering if that's going to be the norm or if it was just a first game of the season kind of thing.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

I suspect in about two years the Chiefs are going to be a very average team. They do without a doubt probably have the two best players currently playing in the league (and Kelce very well might be the best Tight End to ever play) however their overall roster is probably just in about the 10 to 15 range. Kelce will be 34 in a month and is in his eleventh season and we saw what they looked like without him against the Lions.

KC doesn't seem to be maintaining their roster the same way the Pats did so I see a Pats type of run for the Chiefs being highly, highly unlikely. And I think the Patriots had more all around talent on their rosters to begin with.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Is no one going to mention the fact that on offense the Chiefs didn't run a single play from a legal formation all game long?
And that the Refs and the League let them get away with it for 60 minutes??
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

JuggernautJ wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:26 am Is no one going to mention the fact that on offense the Chiefs didn't run a single play from a legal formation all game long?
And that the Refs and the League let them get away with it for 60 minutes??
Ha ha. I think its sad that basic NFL rules such as "7 men on the LOS" and "not moving before the ball is snapped" are now open to interpretation, and flaunted not by teams scratching for wins, but by the best teams in the league like the Chiefs.

Its like we need to resurrect Teddy Roosevelt so he can assemble Congress and ban Andy Reid's "Reverse Flying Wedge" formation which has led to several TV spectators to die due to boredom.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

It is cheating.
Planned, obvious, consistent... every play of the game they had the ball.

There should be ramifications for the team and the individual.
Otherwise the rules mean nothing.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:57 amToney had two touches for 0 yards and a tipped interception.
https://sports.yahoo.com/kadarius-toney ... 23169.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/one-key-metric ... 06448.html