NFL 2015 Pro Football HOF Predictionsby Eric Golub

JohnTurney

Re: NFL 2015 Pro Football HOF Predictionsby Eric Golub

Post by JohnTurney »

Reaser wrote:Didn't feel like making a new thread and it's all "NFL Honors" related: but DeMarco Murray AP OPOY (apparently 26 votes, Rodgers second with 15), Aaron Donald AP DROY, Beckham AP OROY, Todd Bowles AP Asst. COY, Bruce Arians AP COY.
Donald drew 25 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league. That was seven more than Baltimore linebacker C.J. Mosley.

Oakland LB Khalil Mack got six votes, and San Francisco LB Chris Borland received one
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

JohnTurney wrote:My predictions
Polian
Wolf
Tingelhoff

now the five hard ones

Seau
Warner
Brown
Bettis
Haley

I think the first 5 eliminated will be:
Morten Andersen
Don Coryell
Terrell Davis
Jimmy Johnson
John Lynch
I got 4 of 5 moderns and got the final 10 right. Got all 3 of the special categories.

7 of 8, and all five of the first five eliminated.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

JohnTurney wrote:I got 4 of 5 moderns and got the final 10 right. Got all 3 of the special categories.

7 of 8, and all five of the first five eliminated.
Solid. Wish we still had Sean Lahman around here, at least I believe he was the one who hosted the PFRA HOF prediction contest.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Watt unanimous Defensive Player of the Year. Makes sense.

Post by 26554 »

Reaser wrote:Watt unanimous Defensive Player of the Year. Makes sense.
Shows how dominant Watt was that Justin Houston, who finished with 22 sacks and would've been an easy choice in some years, didn't get a single vote.
rebelx24

Post by rebelx24 »

Congratulations to all the members of the Class of 2015! Tingelhoff, in particular, had to endure a hellish wait just to make it in; this nomination came 12 years after his regular period of eligibility expired, making it a total of 32 years that he was shut out. Somebody so well-qualified obviously deserved far better, and his longtime exclusion is proof of how flawed the Hall's voting process has been (although it has improved over time).

A note about Seau: if I'm correct, he's the first player of Pacific Islander descent to make the Hall. We've had many members of this ethnic group in the league for several decades now, and it was high time that they were represented in Canton. Fortunately, there will be more in the foreseeable future, with Mawae almost certainly being next and Ngata building a strong case of his own to one day join the fray.
Jeremy Crowhurst

Post by Jeremy Crowhurst »

It's probably been debated before on these boards, but is Jimmy Johnson anything more than an above-average coach who was the beneficiary of a really lopsided trade?

Post by 26554 »

rebelx24 wrote:Congratulations to all the members of the Class of 2015! Tingelhoff, in particular, had to endure a hellish wait just to make it in; this nomination came 12 years after his regular period of eligibility expired, making it a total of 32 years that he was shut out. Somebody so well-qualified obviously deserved far better, and his longtime exclusion is proof of how flawed the Hall's voting process has been (although it has improved over time).

A note about Seau: if I'm correct, he's the first player of Pacific Islander descent to make the Hall. We've had many members of this ethnic group in the league for several decades now, and it was high time that they were represented in Canton. Fortunately, there will be more in the foreseeable future, with Mawae almost certainly being next and Ngata building a strong case of his own to one day join the fray.
You're forgetting about one Troy Polamalu.
rebelx24

Post by rebelx24 »

26554 wrote: You're forgetting about one Troy Polamalu.
Hahaha, yes, of course, how could I forget one of the best safeties of this era of football? His induction will be somewhere between Mawae's and Ngata's, most likely. Any word on whether he's calling it quits this offseason, or is he planning to play one more year? His replacement will sure have some big shoes to fill.
James

NFL 2015 Pro Football HOF Predictionsby Eric Golub

Post by James »

Don't think Bettis is a Hall of Famer. Would like to know what the convincing argument to get him voted in was? Haley, not to sure about either. I don't remember him being particularly good against the run. Just my opinions.

So glad, that Tingelhoff got in. He deserves it and it's a shame it took this long for him to get in. Also glad Tim Brown finally made it.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash!