NFL 2015 Pro Football HOF Predictionsby Eric Golub

JohnTurney

NFL 2015 Pro Football HOF Predictionsby Eric Golub

Post by JohnTurney »

quite the "unique" take . . . :?

http://www.commdiginews.com/sports/nfl- ... ons-34223/

Junior Seau, Linebacker — This is a tough call. Seau’s death by suicide was heart wrenching, but it must not factor into whether he deserves inclusion. He played 20 seasons, but in many of those years he made the Pro Bowl based on his reputation. Calling him overrated would be overstating the point, but he belongs in the Hall of Very Good and not the Hall of Fame. Haley and Greene are better.
Read more at http://www.commdiginews.com/sports/nfl- ... weT4xsl.99
Reaser

Re: NFL 2015 Pro Football HOF Predictionsby Eric Golub

Post by Reaser »

JohnTurney wrote:quite the "unique" take . . . :?
That's an understatement, ha.

Has John Lynch as "in" this year, also.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Reaser wrote:
JohnTurney wrote:quite the "unique" take . . . :?
That's an understatement, ha.

Has John Lynch as "in" this year, also.
I know . . . it's kind of funny to read.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

My predictions
Polian
Wolf
Tingelhoff

now the five hard ones

Seau
Warner
Brown
Bettis
Haley

Post by 26554 »

JohnTurney wrote:My predictions
Polian
Wolf
Tingelhoff

now the five hard ones

Seau
Warner
Brown
Bettis
Haley
Is this based on chatter you're hearing? So do Pace and Shields cancel out? Harrison being passed over again would be a surprise. I just don't see Warner as first-ballot worthy but, given his story + how well liked he is overall and the fact that it's been almost 10 years since a QB got in, it wouldn't be too surprising if he got the votes.

Post by 26554 »

Peter King from his MMQB site. As he would probably admit himself, his 'gut' has been wrong before -

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/30/super-bow ... eahawks/2/

"Gut feelings … Tingelhoff, Wolf and Polian, who need 80 percent of the vote from the 46 voters, will make it … Seau and Pace will make it … Marvin Harrison, Haley and Will Shields round out the five-man Class of 2015 … Best debates: Kurt Warner, Tony Dungy, Terrell Davis. "
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

26554 wrote:
Polian
Wolf
Tingelhoff

now the five hard ones

Seau
Warner
Brown
Bettis
Haley
Is this based on chatter you're hearing? So do Pace and Shields cancel out? Harrison being passed over again would be a surprise. I just don't see Warner as first-ballot worthy but, given his story + how well liked he is overall and the fact that it's been almost 10 years since a QB got in, it wouldn't be too surprising if he got the votes.
Yeah, it's based on chatter, but as you mention maybe Warner doesn't make it right away, but it''s not who I would necessarily vote for, but reading the tea leaves.

Post by 26554 »

JohnTurney wrote:
26554 wrote:
Polian
Wolf
Tingelhoff

now the five hard ones

Seau
Warner
Brown
Bettis
Haley
Yeah, it's based on chatter, but as you mention maybe Warner doesn't make it right away, but it''s not who I would necessarily vote for, but reading the tea leaves.
Just listened to some of the latest Talk of Fame show. Some notes (John, I'm sure some of this goes along with what you're hearing):

-They agree that Seau is the only lock, though Gosselin was kind of lukewarm on him. Said he was a great freelancer, but not a great team player.

-Gosselin and Judge both don't see Pace getting in this time being as much of a sure thing as generally thought. Gosselin didn't seem to have a problem with Pace getting in at all, but sees him as a notch below Jones and Ogden. Gosselin also cited the fact that a LT has gotten in the previous three years and said it may be time to address other positions more. Borges said that shouldn't matter if Pace is one of the five most qualified.

-Sounds like there's a decent chance Brown over Harrison could happen for the same reason Reed over Harrison happened

-The group sees Shields as top three from this finalist list

-Talked about how many have beat the drum for Haley. Played an excerpt from an interview they did with Emmitt Smith in which Smith talked about how important Haley was to the defense on those Cowboys' teams.

-Final predictions (not necessarily who they'll vote for)- Gosselin: Sees this being a big 'clean up' year. Says Seau, Brown, Haley with Bettis, Greene and Shields vying for the last three spots...outside chance for Dungy. Borges: Seau, Pace, Haley, Shields and Bettis. Judge agrees with Borges except he could see Brown or Harrison getting a spot (didn't say over who, though)
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

26554 wrote:-Final predictions (not necessarily who they'll vote for)- Gosselin: Sees this being a big 'clean up' year. Says Seau, Brown, Haley with Bettis, Greene and Shields vying for the last three spots...outside chance for Dungy. Borges: Seau, Pace, Haley, Shields and Bettis. Judge agrees with Borges except he could see Brown or Harrison getting a spot (didn't say over who, though)
Yeah, again, my predictions are just that, called it educated guesses . .. Shields is possibility over Warner . .

I think the first 5 eliminated will be:
Morten Andersen
Don Coryell
Terrell Davis
Jimmy Johnson
John Lynch

Post by 26554 »

Meeting's over. 8 hours, 50+ minutes according to Peter King and John McClain, 9 hrs, 38 mins according to Jarrett Bell. Looks like they've been told not to leak who's in on Twitter this year, since they're all posting stuff like "tune in to the NFL Honors show to find out who's in" or "I can't wait to find out who's in later tonight".