Best all-time roster: TEs

racepug

Best all-time roster: TEs

Post by racepug »

For my money it, again, is the N.F.C. entry based in Texas, although there are some other good candidates. Care to share your ideas on this topic?
ChrisBabcock

Re: Best all-time roster: TEs

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Chiefs (no question in my mind on this one) ... Arbanas, Gonzalez, Kelce
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Patriots? Gronk and Russ Francis
Raiders: Casper and Christensen, Raymond Chester and Derrick Ramsey... Darren Waller, so far...
49ers: Kwalick, Stickles, Francis, Charle Young, Brent Jones, John Frank ...even Vernon Davis (briefly)

Yeah, it is going to be hard to dethrone the Chiefs... good call Mr. Babcock!
Eagles One

Post by Eagles One »

San Diego Chargers with Antonio Gates, Kellen Winslow Sr. and Dave Kocourek. Doesn't top the Chiefs but there is a future HOFer, a HOFer and a 4x AFL all star. Also briefly John Mackey.
racepug

Post by racepug »

The simulation I mentioned in another thread has room for three TEs in the starting lineup (and I usually add a fourth in the list of reserves in case one of the starters gets injured). The four TEs I put on the Cowboys' roster when I play the game: Jason Witten, Billy Joe Dupree, Doug Cosbie, and Jay Novacek (J.W.'s recent retirement led me to drop H.o.F.er Mike Ditka from the top 4 for the Cowboys). Just so you know which set of TEs your favorite set is going up against.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I like the Raiders with Cannon, Chester, Casper, Christensen, Dudley ...
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote:I like the Raiders with Cannon, Chester, Casper, Christensen, Dudley ...
Just as I have the Cardinals set up with "the four Ws" as the starters in their all-time defensive secondary, I have the Raiders set up with "the three Cs" (Casper, Chester, and Christensen) for their starting TEs and "the three Bs" (Branch, Brown, and Biletnikoff) as their starting WR set. Weird, huh?
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

Don't forget Big Ben Coates catching passes from Drew Bledsoe! Will always remember that NFL Films feature where two opposoing players
were warming up and one says,"Man, that Ben Coates is the biggest TE I've ever seen!"
racepug

Post by racepug »

RRMarshall wrote:
Don't forget Big Ben Coates catching passes from Drew Bledsoe! Will always remember that NFL Films feature where two opposoing players
were warming up and one says,"Man, that Ben Coates is the biggest TE I've ever seen!"
Yeah, the Patriots might surprise some people with the selection of TEs off of their all-time roster. Here's another: Marv Cook. Before my time (I think) but I see that in 5 years with the Patriots he was named first team All-Pro once and also went to a couple of Pro Bowls.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

racepug wrote:
RRMarshall wrote:
Yeah, the Patriots might surprise some people with the selection of TEs off of their all-time roster. Here's another: Marv Cook. Before my time (I think) but I see that in 5 years with the Patriots he was named first team All-Pro once and also went to a couple of Pro Bowls.
Marv Cook was one of the only bright spots on some pretty terrible early 90s Patriots teams.