Rookie QBs must produce!

racepug

Rookie QBs must produce!

Post by racepug »

I definitely think that there is truth to this: https://sports.yahoo.com/if-trend-holds ... 12967.html. No more "3- or 5- year plans." Get it done, NOW, or "Get out!"
RichardBak

Re: Rookie QBs must produce!

Post by RichardBak »

I agree, the NFL's rookie QBs really are expected to mature quickly...too quickly, I think. Remember Andrew Luck?
colts kid.jpg
colts kid.jpg (61.89 KiB) Viewed 14772 times
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

There's been a big change over the last 20 years or so in the way college QBs are trained. Except for a very few schools like BYU, colleges didn't used to have very sophisticated passing offenses. But that has really changed, especially with the advent of the various spread formations, multiple looks, receivers going in motion, and so forth.

In general, QBs are much better prepared to run an NFL offense when they leave college now and more should be expected of them.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Rookie QBs still have to adjust to the speed of the game, though the hitting and intensity levels from the defense has changed over the years, in my mind. With the rookie pay scale different than the past, QBs need to perform well quickly to get those options but it still depends on having a supporting cast and good offensive line like always.
Its still amazing that the last rookie QB to win a championship was the year World War II ended ...
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

rhickok1109 wrote:There's been a big change over the last 20 years or so in the way college QBs are trained. Except for a very few schools like BYU, colleges didn't used to have very sophisticated passing offenses. But that has really changed, especially with the advent of the various spread formations, multiple looks, receivers going in motion, and so forth.

In general, QBs are much better prepared to run an NFL offense when they leave college now and more should be expected of them.
I agree. It seems like nowadays there is greater similarity to college and pro offenses. Less of a transition for QBs.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Brian wolf wrote: Its still amazing that the last rookie QB to win a championship was the year World War II ended ...
Wow, yes that is amazing.

Agreed that QBs have played in more advanced offenses in college and even high school now.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael