Home Field Advantage

Saban1

Home Field Advantage

Post by Saban1 »

I know that this forum is about pro football history, but I have a question about the current season (hope that no one minds). Dallas, Green Bay, Detroit, Arizona, and Seattle all have 11 and 4 records. Green Bay faces Detroit, but whoever wins that game, and the other 11 and 4 teams in the NFC win, then who gets the home field in the first round (not counting wild card), and who gets it throughout the playoffs (providing they keep winning)?

Anyone have this figured out yet?
Reaser

Re: Home Field Advantage

Post by Reaser »

If Seattle wins they'll be #1 seed unless they're tied with ONLY Dallas for the best record.
Saban1

Post by Saban1 »

Reaser wrote:If Seattle wins they'll be #1 seed unless they're tied with ONLY Dallas for the best record.

Thanks. Not likely that they will be tied with only Dallas. For this to happen, Arizona would have to lose and Green Bay and Detroit would have to tie.

I think that Green Bay will probably beat Detroit. Would this make Green Bay the number 2 seed after Seattle?
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Saban wrote:I think that Green Bay will probably beat Detroit. Would this make Green Bay the number 2 seed after Seattle?
Yup, if Seattle and Green Bay both win they are 1 and 2 respectively, with Dallas obviously as #3.

Green Bay gets #1 only with a win and a Seahawks loss.
Saban1

Post by Saban1 »

Thanks again Reaser.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Saban wrote:I know that this forum is about pro football history, but I have a question about the current season (hope that no one minds). Dallas, Green Bay, Detroit, Arizona, and Seattle all have 11 and 4 records. Green Bay faces Detroit, but whoever wins that game, and the other 11 and 4 teams in the NFC win, then who gets the home field in the first round (not counting wild card), and who gets it throughout the playoffs (providing they keep winning)?

Anyone have this figured out yet?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... in-week-17
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Saban1

Post by Saban1 »

Thanks. That pretty much explains the whole picture (both NFC and AFC). A local newspaper just has the standings and a y next to the teams that have clinched their divisions and an x for the teams that have clinched a playoff spot.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Saban » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:32 am
"Thanks. That pretty much explains the whole picture (both NFC and AFC). A local newspaper just has the standings and a y next to the teams that have clinched their divisions and an x for the teams that have clinched a playoff spot."

re: x, y, z, *
Most media simply reproduce the NFL Standings page.

http://www.nfl.com/standings
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Saban1

Post by Saban1 »

Exactly.