"WHO AM I?" trivia.

Gary Najman

Re: "WHO AM I?" trivia.

Post by Gary Najman »

I was born in Europe, and I played only parts of two seasons in the NFL. In my last season I finished in the top 10 in field goal percentage, but I was replaced the following season by another European-born placekicker (who also didn't last the whole season). Who am I?
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Another one:

I am the father of a current NFL player. I only played a few games over two seasons, but I managed to score on one of the longest pass plays of the season in my second game in the NFL. The following week I caught another touchdown pass (those were my only touchdowns I ever scored). Who am I?
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Teo wrote:I was born in Europe, and I played only parts of two seasons in the NFL. In my last season I finished in the top 10 in field goal percentage, but I was replaced the following season by another European-born placekicker (who also didn't last the whole season). Who am I?
I want to say Neil O'Donoghue / Novo Bojovic for this but Neil played longer than two years.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Teo wrote:I was born in Europe, and I played only parts of two seasons in the NFL. In my last season I finished in the top 10 in field goal percentage, but I was replaced the following season by another European-born placekicker (who also didn't last the whole season). Who am I?
Ian Sunter...and that was the first guy I thought of for some reason.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
I want to say Neil O'Donoghue / Novo Bojovic for this but Neil played longer than two years.
It's close...O'Donoghue replaced this placekicker.
nicefellow31

Post by nicefellow31 »

I was a running back for two franchises in the NFL. While in high school I played with a future PFHOF linebacker and one of the NFL's greatest kick returners. In college I was involved in a play that led to the ending of a coache's career. In the pros I shared the backfield at times with a PFHOF running back. My son also played in the NFL as did the son of my backfield mate. Both of our sons were defensive backs and both attended our respective Alma maters. Who am I?
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Teo wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:
I'm stumped on this one. At least according to p-f-r, in Buffalo he replaced Carson Long (an American). In St. Louis he replaced Steve Little (an American). It looks like he began each of his seasons on the Bucs.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
I'm stumped on this one. At least according to p-f-r, in Buffalo he replaced Carson Long (an American). In St. Louis he replaced Steve Little (an American). It looks like he began each of his seasons on the Bucs.[/quote]

It was Belgian-born George Jakowenko. In 1977, O'Donoghue replaced Jakowenko with the Bills, and Long replaced O'Donoghue after 5 weeks. In 1978, Tom Dempsey came to the Bills and replaced Long, and O'Donoghue went to Tampa Bay in 1978, and replaced Dave Green as the kicker (Green remained for the season as a punter).
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I am a quarterback who played 5 seasons for 3 teams.

I never started in college, I threw for less than 200 yards in my college career, yet I was still drafted by the NFL.

After joining my 2nd team, I was the backup to a QB who started in the Super Bowl. When he got injured, I started for the next 7 games, going 1-6. Although my passing stats weren't the best, I was my team's third leading rusher with a nice 8.6 average. The next year, I was replaced by a HOF QB and sent to a different team.

When that team released me following my 4th NFL season, I thought my career was over...but then I started two of the three replacement games for my third NFL team to close out my career.

During my career, I played with 3 HOF WRs and 1 HOF TE.

Who am I?
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

Bryan wrote:I am a quarterback who played 5 seasons for 3 teams.

I never started in college, I threw for less than 200 yards in my college career, yet I was still drafted by the NFL.

After joining my 2nd team, I was the backup to a QB who started in the Super Bowl. When he got injured, I started for the next 7 games, going 1-6. Although my passing stats weren't the best, I was my team's third leading rusher with a nice 8.6 average. The next year, I was replaced by a HOF QB and sent to a different team.

When that team released me following my 4th NFL season, I thought my career was over...but then I started two of the three replacement games for my third NFL team to close out my career.

During my career, I played with 3 HOF WRs and 1 HOF TE.

Who am I?
Bruce Mathison.