Chiefs Win Super Bowl LIV

rebelx24

Chiefs Win Super Bowl LIV

Post by rebelx24 »

Not the most exciting game up until the 4th quarter. Great performance in said quarter by KC.

Andy Reid is a HOF coach now, I believe.

Thoughts?
Retro Rider

Re: Chiefs Win Super Bowl LIV

Post by Retro Rider »

Thrilled to see the Chiefs comeback in the 4th quarter. Andy Reid is a Hall of Fame lock. Like the 1969 Chiefs, the 2019 edition wore a commemorative AFL patch in the Super Bowl (kind of a neat thing).
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

Many QBs can pick apart a defense with no pash rush. So a pash rush is great. But if a team can't defend the deep pass, unless you're getting 10 sacks or something, a pass rush isn't enough.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

rebelx24 wrote: Thoughts?
Ouch.
Sigh....
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

A lot of bashing of Kyle Shanahan this morning, especially his time-out usage at the end of the 1st half, but I think there was some logic with his conservative approach. I don't necessarily agree with Shanahan trying to run out the clock AFTER Colquitt's punt went into the endzone for a touchback, but whatever. I think both teams had periods of the game where they played well, and at other times their execution wasn't so good. Unfortunately for the Niners, their bad execution phase took place in the 4th quarter.

I thought the game changed on the long 3rd down pass to Hill and then the subsequent PI drawn by Kelce in the endzone. Even with the Hill catch, if the Niners can hold KC to a FG after that then they would still be in good shape.

I find it funny how extreme the 'morning after' analysis is. How many Super Bowls will Mahomes end up winning? 3? 4? Is Kyle Shanahan an idiot? Is Jimmy G a fraud? Imagine if Jimmy G had hooked up with Emmanuel Sanders late in the game, the narrative would have been completely flipped.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

I tune all of the meaningless blah, blah out.

I remember when Aaron Rodgers and the Pack won SB 45 and the buzz, even on this extremely knowledgeable forum, was that Rodgers had already surpassed Favre because he also won the game’s MVP. How could anything possibly stop Rodgers and the Packers from winning countless more championships? Well, we’re still waiting for the second one.
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

Bryan wrote:A lot of bashing of Kyle Shanahan this morning, especially his time-out usage at the end of the 1st half, but I think there was some logic with his conservative approach. I don't necessarily agree with Shanahan trying to run out the clock AFTER Colquitt's punt went into the endzone for a touchback, but whatever. I think both teams had periods of the game where they played well, and at other times their execution wasn't so good. Unfortunately for the Niners, their bad execution phase took place in the 4th quarter.

I thought the game changed on the long 3rd down pass to Hill and then the subsequent PI drawn by Kelce in the endzone. Even with the Hill catch, if the Niners can hold KC to a FG after that then they would still be in good shape.

I find it funny how extreme the 'morning after' analysis is. How many Super Bowls will Mahomes end up winning? 3? 4? Is Kyle Shanahan an idiot? Is Jimmy G a fraud? Imagine if Jimmy G had hooked up with Emmanuel Sanders late in the game, the narrative would have been completely flipped.
Oh I don't think we are looking at a Dynasty with the Chiefs. They are going to have to start giving up some of these players once they start demanding to be paid. They were just fortunate that they were able to win a SB when their HOF QB and top WR were still on their rookie contracts. They are either going to have to give up one or two of those receivers or else their defense is going to take a huge hit.

Also think Andy Reid needs to win at least one more Super Bowl before we can consider him a HOF lock. He has only won one Super Bowl and he didn't even have the better team for three and a half quarters during that particular game. If Andy Reid is a lock HOF coach at this point that only furthers the narrative that the HOF isn't even worth paying attention to any longer.
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

I do think that if the 49ers want to stay a top team for a long time to come they need to find a slightly better qb than Jimmy G. They have a good enough team to get by without having an elite qb but do think they need a slightly better one than Jimmy G. If the Niners had been a little more consistent on offense they would have run away with this game.
JWL

Post by JWL »

JohnH19 wrote:I tune all of the meaningless blah, blah out.

I remember when Aaron Rodgers and the Pack won SB 45 and the buzz, even on this extremely knowledgeable forum, was that Rodgers had already surpassed Favre because he also won the game’s MVP. How could anything possibly stop Rodgers and the Packers from winning countless more championships? Well, we’re still waiting for the second one.

And the Seahawks were the next dynasty with obvious similarities to the Dallas dynasty of the early 1990s
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

Yeah if the Patriots had beaten the Dolphins in the final week of the season the Chiefs would have been a Wildcard team and their chances for even making the SB would have been severely diminished. True dynasties are easily the best team in their given year and easily the best team in the Super Bowl they played (or they manage to stay a championship contender for twenty years).

We really can't even say that the Chiefs were the best team this year so lets hold off on all this dynasty talk. In a couple years some of these weapons they have will likely be playing on other teams.