Why can't there be a separate ARCHIVES page?

luckyshow

Why can't there be a separate ARCHIVES page?

Post by luckyshow »

Just saying...
Reaser

Re: Why can't there be a separate ARCHIVES page?

Post by Reaser »

I've asked this a few times.

I guess the answer is here: http://www.profootballresearchers.com/f ... f=5&t=2465
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Also, I don't want to create a new thread for it, but the search function is going to someday need to be addressed.

It says "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words" for almost everything that would be relevant to search for.

Examples I tried and it wouldn't search for: "Jim Brown", "Seahawks", "Seattle", "Seattle Seahawks", "Moran", "1952", "Lions", "predictions", "AAFC", "AFL", "PFRA", and numerous other teams and players.

Seemingly the only search that worked was "Bobby Layne" ...

If that's just how it is then an "Archives" section would be even more necessary.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

My understanding is that there could have very easily been a section for any old threads that were saved ...
just as all the data from the old forum could have easily been transferred to this new site.
The decision was made to go with someone who could not do it.... so... we just have to live with it.

My question is simply why was this not determined in June - before the vote took place?

Another question is why the 13 people working in this new site in mid-September had to wait until the midnight hour to tell us of the deficiencies.
But, again, we have to live with it.

For what it may be worth:
a list is being compiled of titles of ALL the threads that this desk has posted and will be available in a couple of weeks.
It will be BOTH Alphabetical by Title - AND - by Name of the Starter.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister